Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2019, 10:40 AM
Aviak

That sunrise sky tho. Cosmic.
Old 02-10-2019, 10:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
  • Haynar: Updated structs to support /who all LFG.
  • Haynar: Capped non-damage hate component for out of class procs/clickies to 400 hate.
  • Haynar: Added combat flee stuns. A mob hitting a player from behind who is running away, has a chance to perform a stunning blow. Credit to Mackal & Torven for working out the mechanics.
Awesome job, Haynar. Bio orb & mallets -50%!

Quote:
  • Telin: [Oct2001] The Broods of Di'zok have fortified their ranks. Chardok is more dangerous than ever, but those who adventure there may be greatly rewarded.
  • Telin: Some hatchlings in Temple of Veeshan are no longer immune to charm.
  • Telin: Increased Speed of the Shissar duration to 30 minutes.
  • Telin: Removed a roaming drake from the NTOV hallways.
And Telin!

Big thanks to all the staff who somehow continue to put huge amounts of time into this project after 10 years of dealing with ungrateful nerds! Dare I hope the 2H buffs are coming soon, and I can finally outdamage all of the gharns/fon scrubs?
Last edited by Raev; 02-10-2019 at 10:50 AM..
Old 02-10-2019, 10:59 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydbarrett25 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Then idk whats going on. Server number is increasing and no one else is complaining. Im not really savvy enough to figure this out either... or
Hi all. You need to extract the new files in to your Everquest directory. Your computer should prompt you as to whether youd like to override or copy the files. You want to override in most cases. If you don't get that prompt, you're likely not doing it right.

If you continue to have problems, uninstall and reinstall and follow the getting started guide. This sucks, but shouldn't take you too long.
Old 02-10-2019, 11:06 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meiva [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi all. You need to extract the new files in to your Everquest directory. Your computer should prompt you as to whether youd like to override or copy the files. You want to override in most cases. If you don't get that prompt, you're likely not doing it right.

If you continue to have problems, uninstall and reinstall and follow the getting started guide. This sucks, but shouldn't take you too long.
Think I deleted the files for downloding the game. Really think I need to do that again? When I originally downloded them, I have a file that is flagged as a virus, dont want to do that again...

Edit: I am able to get into other servers. Red did not work however
Last edited by sydbarrett25; 02-10-2019 at 11:10 AM..
Old 02-10-2019, 11:17 AM
Planar Protector

Mr. Nilbog, question:
Quote:
Nilbog: Added many missing pet names.
This a result of my pet name research post? If so, possible to add, "Credit to Rygar for the complete list." or something? It took quite a bit of digging and figuring out, was pretty proud about it. Not that it is something I want for each bug report, just felt like that one was an 'above and beyond' type thing.

Am sad the Dalnir / Hole updates didn't go live, but lets me look forward to things in the next patch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Cool list from all the devs, Norrath going to be ablaze with adventure!
Old 02-10-2019, 11:28 AM
Decaying Skeleton

I am having the same issues where I am on the character screen with it stating that "your spells file is outdated." I've done an uninstall and reinstall of the game, and applied the appropriate patch with the same results. Any other ideas?
Old 02-10-2019, 11:35 AM
Skeleton

New chancellor spear? Will the old one still work for key quest?
Old 02-10-2019, 11:55 AM
Aviak

Some Mac users are getting this error after adding new files to directory it seems...

Exact error message shows:

Error in XML
Error in your GUI XML files. Check UIErrors.txt

The UIErrors.txt reads as such:

UIErrorLog created at Sun Feb 10 09:36:08 2019
[Sun Feb 10 09:36:08 2019] Warning: file EQLSUI.xml not found in directory UIFiles\default\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
[Sun Feb 10 09:36:08 2019] Couldn't open or read UIFiles\default\EQLSUI.xml
[Sun Feb 10 09:36:08 2019] Error reading XML.
[Sun Feb 10 09:36:08 2019] Error loading skin: loading default skin instead.
[Sun Feb 10 09:36:08 2019] Warning: file EQLSUI.xml not found in directory UIFiles\default\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
[Sun Feb 10 09:36:08 2019] Couldn't open or read UIFiles\default\EQLSUI.xml
[Sun Feb 10 09:36:08 2019] Error reading XML.
Old 02-10-2019, 12:01 PM
Aviak

thanks so much for the hard work guys. literally letting me relive part of my youth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-10-2019, 12:11 PM
Fire Giant

cheers! great work!