Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2018, 05:20 PM
Planar Protector

Somebody had the idea of two r99’s. One server is constantly recycling 3 months classic, 3 months kunark and 6 months velious. Then you move those chars to server two which houses legacy chars.

3 months of r99 classic sounds fun not rise of newbs.
Old 11-12-2018, 07:33 PM
Planar Protector

Classic XP / No plugging / item loot
Old 11-12-2018, 07:42 PM
Banned

this server didnt become completely useless until like 4 years of kunark, I mean something as simple as a 6 month classic / 6 month kunark annual wipe would prob be best

that way if it does die to over dominance it will only be dead for a few months at most
Old 11-12-2018, 07:43 PM
Banned

and hats off to p99 for being the only relevant mmo emu server source code i've ever head of to not be leaked, it's a constant reality for all other mmo emulation servers

although sometimes i wish they were a little less cautious
Old 11-13-2018, 12:42 AM
Planar Protector

yea nilbog name yer price to get this implemented

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Cfb...=youtu.be&hd=1

would love to do some cross server ctf games
Old 11-13-2018, 06:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
nah i think we need a 4th server for aim chat

RoZ = catalyst solo farm
Zek = Billy solo farm
r99 = Sanctuary solo farm

lets divide the eq emu pvp population even further
You say this...'cept you did everything in your power to destroy red99 for a few pixels for you alts.

Including recording over 80 videos of mostly innocuous behaviour of players that most probably ended up in petitions as "Hail Mary's" to get players banned on what was a 100-120pop server at the time.
Last edited by White_knight; 11-13-2018 at 06:36 AM..
Old 11-13-2018, 09:39 AM
Planar Protector

Not sure how Tune destroyed Red99. A FFA, classic [no boxing], low pop pvp server is going to always have one large guild on top. If you look at every period of the box's history, it has been dominated by a single guild, with the exception of a two week period here and there. I could type paragraph after paragraph about why that is, but I'll spare everyone including myself that labor. It's not a Tune problem, it's a classic EQ problem.
Old 11-13-2018, 09:43 AM
Planar Protector

The only way I could see to make a multi-guild competitive server viable without custom code changes and 100 custom rules would be to have some sort of GM enforced guild v guild battle that's capped at a certain # of players for the right to a mob or raid zone for X amount of hours.

The sad fact is that mass PvP is fun for about five to ten minutes. The hours of prep that go into that before hand are brutal and unsustainable for 99% of normal human beings with life obligations, and the hours of corpse camping / and mob interference that come after are equally awful. It discourages competition, breaking the will of all but those with the most free time, and funnels the losing side into the winning guild's app forum, since meaningful item progression is obtainable solely via raiding for the most part. Most normal human beings don't derive a ton of satisfaction from spending hours prepping to get curb stomped on a nightly basis by a larger and better geared force, and equally don't enjoy sitting at a pull spot for hours as an opposing force fucks with pullers or dispels tanks.
Old 11-13-2018, 10:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only way I could see to make a multi-guild competitive server viable without custom code changes and 100 custom rules would be to have some sort of GM enforced guild v guild battle that's capped at a certain # of players for the right to a mob or raid zone for X amount of hours.

The sad fact is that mass PvP is fun for about five to ten minutes. The hours of prep that go into that before hand are brutal and unsustainable for 99% of normal human beings with life obligations, and the hours of corpse camping / and mob interference that come after are equally awful. It discourages competition, breaking the will of all but those with the most free time, and funnels the losing side into the winning guild's app forum, since meaningful item progression is obtainable solely via raiding for the most part. Most normal human beings don't derive a ton of satisfaction from spending hours prepping to get curb stomped on a nightly basis by a larger and better geared force, and equally don't enjoy sitting at a pull spot for hours as an opposing force fucks with pullers or dispels tanks.

I was talking about this with a member from Dentists the other night and he was arguing how guilds like Catalyst ruined servers because they recruit more than is needed to down mobs. He was wanting something like 5 guilds with 10 members each and that will never happen. The 4 guilds that are losing won't stand by and let the 1 winning guild with 10 people that play 16 hours a day take all the content. You also leave out everyone on the server that wants to play but can only log in for 4 hours a day. If you only have 10 spots someone that plays 20 hours a week can't join. The casuals normally end up in the best guilds because they like to be able to log in and do stuff when they play games.
Old 11-13-2018, 11:54 AM
Banned

The small elite guilds don't think it be like it is but it do. U kno?
Thx for the write ups esp big HBK.
Closed Thread