Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2019, 06:46 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sear [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's nice OP. I think I've been on the sidelines for 4 years now waiting to see if they ever restart this poor box.

Have no desire to play empty-zone EQ till level 52 where I'll encounter the handful of neckbeard diehards with BIS gear. Would love to start fresh with everyone on the same playing field tho.
"I'm not going to play unless you take away everyone else's stuff, because that's not fair!"
Old 01-02-2019, 05:07 PM
Planar Protector

Do you continue playing chess after you've been put into checkmate? Do you keep playing risk when you have no more pieces on the board? I don't really follow. It's now year 8 of the server where no new content will ever be released. There will never be a magical influx of new players for thriving PvP.
Old 01-02-2019, 10:21 PM
Fire Giant

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you continue playing chess after you've been put into checkmate? Do you keep playing risk when you have no more pieces on the board? I don't really follow. It's now year 8 of the server where no new content will ever be released. There will never be a magical influx of new players for thriving PvP.
Never will there be a reset either, but at least you know your place.

Checkmate.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-02-2019, 10:50 PM
Planar Protector

Actually the better example would be I checkmated you three years ago and I come back and you’re still sitting there at the board except you put all your pieces back and took mine off the board and keep shouting “I won” to yourself in an empty room repeatedly.
Old 01-03-2019, 06:38 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually the better example would be I checkmated you three years ago and I come back and you’re still sitting there at the board except you put all your pieces back and took mine off the board and keep shouting “I won” to yourself in an empty room repeatedly.
Checkmate.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-05-2019, 12:04 PM
Sarnak

Now, if only HB had enough of a support system from friends and family in RL he wouldn't have to continue to linger on these message boards for 3 years after he stopped playing the game they're dedicated to in order to fill some whole in his life.

The only one who is shouting "I won" in an empty room is you, bruh.

Bless your heart.
Old 01-05-2019, 12:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samaritan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Now, if only HB had enough of a support system from friends and family in RL he wouldn't have to continue to linger on these message boards for 3 years after he stopped playing the game they're dedicated to in order to fill some whole in his life.

Bless your heart.
I’d take personal shots at people too if I were still playing this box 7 years later. Hope you feel better bro!
Old 01-06-2019, 12:11 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samaritan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Bless your heart.
There are several who linger on this forum, years after quitting. They hail the good ole days and cry for a reset. They can't let go or move on. Sad really. This is their life. This is all they have.

Trolling a forum of a 20 year old elf SIM, in which about 40 players play and only 10 or so that play actually read these forums. Throwing insults n such. That deserves a lifetime achievement award or something.

I think all those who quit are in a room together shouting "We won! You didn't!"

All I can say is....checkmate. At least they are refined to these forums.
Last edited by Ignight; 01-06-2019 at 12:16 AM..
Old 01-06-2019, 03:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are several who linger on this forum, years after quitting. They hail the good ole days and cry for a reset. They can't let go or move on. Sad really. This is their life. This is all they have.

Trolling a forum of a 20 year old elf SIM, in which about 40 players play and only 10 or so that play actually read these forums. Throwing insults n such. That deserves a lifetime achievement award or something.

I think all those who quit are in a room together shouting "We won! You didn't!"

All I can say is....checkmate. At least they are refined to these forums.
No one win's at EQ - Let's be honest. People's definition of winning are different.

- Some like to play easymode PvP classes and exploit Z-axis and cast 2-3 nukes to get a kill shot on some undergeared player engaged in mobs from 10,000 feet and think that's skill.

- Some like to run guilds and collect as much lewt as possible to sell both ingame and outside game.

- Some like to login and have fun and joke in /OOC and act like an idiot (this is my level of fun).

- Some like to play with 30 people online ( to me this is the pits - and completely defies what EQ is about both in a PvP and PvE sense ).

- Some see themselves as career EverQuest players and are fucking miserable people IRL and in game.

Also the bolded statement is not quite correct - those players that have left the server spend far less time engaged in this server and all have characters that they can login. They just choose not to.

edit: also what keeps most people coming back to check if the server will get a wipe/reset is the community. All the drama/Zergs/PvP/PvE/OOC creates a community that most people get hooked on. What you need to understand that all that is left is server with 0 personalities, PvE and ban lists for people who dare PvP. It's a dead community in that sense.

I cannot think of a single personality that still plays Red99 - it's just a bunch of washed up, bland, oreo and milk eating Blue99 players who want to skip queues.
Last edited by White_knight; 01-06-2019 at 03:37 AM..
Old 01-06-2019, 09:32 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_knight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No one win's at EQ - Let's be honest. People's definition of winning are different.

- Some like to play easymode PvP classes and exploit Z-axis and cast 2-3 nukes to get a kill shot on some undergeared player engaged in mobs from 10,000 feet and think that's skill.

- Some like to run guilds and collect as much lewt as possible to sell both ingame and outside game.

- Some like to login and have fun and joke in /OOC and act like an idiot (this is my level of fun).

- Some like to play with 30 people online ( to me this is the pits - and completely defies what EQ is about both in a PvP and PvE sense ).

- Some see themselves as career EverQuest players and are fucking miserable people IRL and in game.

Also the bolded statement is not quite correct - those players that have left the server spend far less time engaged in this server and all have characters that they can login. They just choose not to.

edit: also what keeps most people coming back to check if the server will get a wipe/reset is the community. All the drama/Zergs/PvP/PvE/OOC creates a community that most people get hooked on. What you need to understand that all that is left is server with 0 personalities, PvE and ban lists for people who dare PvP. It's a dead community in that sense.

I cannot think of a single personality that still plays Red99 - it's just a bunch of washed up, bland, oreo and milk eating Blue99 players who want to skip queues.
People aren't "checking in" once and a while to see if the server reset. They troll forums daily. Huge difference.

However you, and others, define fun is fine by me. The server is what it is. If it doesn't fit your version of fun, move on. No amount of forum complaining/crybaby crap is going to change the server.

Make your own server with your rules. See if you were right. See if all those people were just waiting to come back.....and cheat again.
Closed Thread