Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2019, 01:27 PM
Planar Protector

Analog actions are most efficient with an analog input. Digital actions are most efficient with digital inputs. Converting either way loses resolution or efficiency.

If you play a game with analog movement, an analog control works best. Most games have analog camera/viewing so use the mouse for that. Abilities here are all digital so a digital button works best.

Some games are built for two analog inputs. Only these games is a dual analog controller acceptable because dual mouse isn't a working standard. However a mouse is a better single analog input because the moment arm of the function is .. Well, your arm, which has greater resolution then your fingers.. Unless your sealed in a cast or have a shattered arm but working fingers ;p
Old 01-19-2019, 09:19 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
keyboard = iksar necro
mouse clicks = human necro

They're casting the same spells..... but iksar is min/max by a mile
I got pretty good a couple years ago playing with the interface turned off, just using keyboard commands definitely ups the immersion. Normally though, I play with the mouse on my Iksar Necro, I just keep my menus close together and I've never had a problem. Not sure there is a real min/max value in the distinction since inputs have never made or broken my experience, failed hunts are usually human error and distraction for my part.
Old 01-19-2019, 03:06 PM
Kobold

I play on a laptop so I use wasd to move and the arrows to look up/down/left/right. Alt+# for my spells with a instaclick item hotkeyed for chain casting. Have an action key set for selecting things I aim at or to open doors. Only use the track pad a little when I have to sort items.
Took a week to get used to but, I've got 2 toons to 60 playing this way and wouldn't go back to mouse.
Closed Thread