Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 02-02-2016, 09:07 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by stunny99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This no longer works after todays update. Any refresh incoming?
It works fine, just don't update the UIFILES folder from the patch. I really just wish the staff would use my default UI folders which are already patched to P99 specs and removing all of the xml errors.
Old 08-25-2016, 10:31 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Spells represented by wrong gems

Hello everyone,

I'm writing to appeal to your technological savvy in hopes you can help me correct my wayward spell gems.

Here's what my spell bar looks like. I think you will notice that the spell gems don't quite match the spells they represent.

For example, Ensnaring Roots is represented by the thorns gem and not the one showing feet with roots attached.

And Levitate should be the gem showing a winged foot, not the whirlwind gem.

If you look closely, I believe you will see other discrepancies.

Is anyone else having a similar problem?

Does anyone know of a solution?

Thanks,

-Drake
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EQ000001.jpg (17.9 KB, 523 views)
File Type: jpg luclin_icons.jpg (28.4 KB, 517 views)
Old 08-26-2016, 03:48 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Drake [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hello everyone,

I'm writing to appeal to your technological savvy in hopes you can help me correct my wayward spell gems.

Here's what my spell bar looks like. I think you will notice that the spell gems don't quite match the spells they represent.

For example, Ensnaring Roots is represented by the thorns gem and not the one showing feet with roots attached.

Thanks,

-Drake
The (easy) solution is to get a spell gem file with icons you like. There are a couple to pick from on these forums.

Those icons you're concerned about are correct based on the icon image you posted. The feet w/ roots is for normal (non-druid) root spells. The winged feet is for sow.

If you get the classic spell icons druid root has a plant icon & levitate (still) has a whirlwind icon.

This thread's OP has a few to choose from:
http://www.savok.byethost32.com/proj...ssic_icons.jpg
http://www.savok.byethost32.com/proj...clin_icons.jpg
etc
Last edited by fash; 08-26-2016 at 03:56 AM..
Old 08-26-2016, 07:04 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Drake [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hello everyone,

Thanks,

-Drake
Classic Everquest only has 23 gems to choose from. You have too many icons for the set of gems your using.
Old 10-04-2016, 04:58 PM
Aviak

Is there any point to mapping which of the 23 my spells file points to? I've noticed more than a single TGA file is used. Is there a way to customize the txt file? Why limit to 23 when these are only cosmetic changes that dont affect gameplay?

My point is that a cleric might choose what buff maps to the icon differently from a shaman or ranger.
Last edited by Smurn; 10-04-2016 at 05:02 PM.. Reason: Clarification
Old 10-06-2016, 06:20 AM
Kobold

I'm a bit late to the party here, but this is great work, thanks Savok.

Is there a way to make a particular bag always open, and not close with you press ESC (Titanium client)?

I'm trying to make it a little less annoying to swap gear. Currently I need to open inventory, open bags, swap item, use item, swap back, close inventory, close bags. I don't mind a few clicks but this is a lot... I was able to get a second hotbar with my inventory slots, so now if I could just get a bag to stay open that would be great, but I dunno if that's possible. I've seen other mods where the whole inventory is shown but I don't want all that clutter.
Old 10-06-2016, 12:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fzzzt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is there a way to make a particular bag always open, and not close with you press ESC (Titanium client)?
I wish, but unfortunately no. Although, that is purely a client-side function, it's just all contained within eqgame.exe/eqmain.dll instead of the game ini/xml files. So technically it's possible, but it would require disassembling and recompliling the exe/dll, and anyone who wants that feature would have to use that modified version of the Titanium client.
Old 10-06-2016, 01:37 PM
Planar Protector

Also: shameless self-promo for my custom Vert bags, which do make item swapping a little less painful with the right-click menu and move function disabled for the majority of the bag window: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=254441
Old 10-06-2016, 05:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulgiamatti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also: shameless self-promo for my custom Vert bags, which do make item swapping a little less painful with the right-click menu and move function disabled for the majority of the bag window: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=254441
No self-promos allowed!
Old 07-11-2017, 09:55 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Copy the EQUI_CastSpellWnd.xml from the extras zip file to your Velious folder.
Hello, I was just browsing old recommendations, and was wondering if this would work if i tossed the one file into my default_old ui. Obv i have no idea how all this works, so im very sorry if its the most idiotic question you've ever seen in your entire life.