Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2014, 08:22 PM
Sarnak

Default Another shaman in velious topic!

I’m back from about a year absence to the game (Hi friends!) and I have some questions about Velious as a shaman. I read http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=132972 but since I never played Velious live (or any endgame content live, for that matter), I’d like a bit more detail. Here’s my magelo: http://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Winga although I’m using dusty rusted arms/wrist (instead of jarsath). So basically I’ve got a bunch of junk and an epic =D. My immediate goals are to hit 60 and get Torpor. I don’t know if I’ll be finished with either one before Velious comes out, because my play time is extremely limited.

1) Is the plane of mischief or skyshrine armor remotely realistic for someone without time to be active within a raiding guild?
2) If the answer to the above is no, should one consider Kael armor? The set offers ~50 more armor and a small amount of additional stats. If so, is it realistic to do this after completing the coldain ring quest line? Are there any other really notable advantages to Kael?
3) What 6-man grouping experiences can I expect from Velious?
4) What new leveling opportunities, solo or grouped, can I expect for 57-60?
5) For alt leveling, how would your ideal leveling path to 55 or so differ with the release of Velious?
6) Can the coldain ring quest be completed twice, once to 10 and a second time to 9? If so, do the buffs from the lvl 9 and 10 rings stack?
edit: 7) How quickly (or at all) will a shaman run into the worn AC cap in velious?
Last edited by DrKvothe; 12-12-2014 at 02:02 PM..
Old 12-08-2014, 05:28 AM
Banned

I like all of these questions.
Old 12-08-2014, 05:31 PM
Planar Protector

I haven't played Velious since since 2001-ish, so take what I say with a grain of salt, but ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrKvothe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1) Is the plane of mischief or skyshrine armor remotely realistic for someone without time to be active within a raiding guild?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrKvothe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2) If the answer to the above is no, should one consider Kael armor? The set offers ~50 more armor and a small amount of additional stats. If so, is it realistic to do this after completing the coldain ring quest line? Are there any other really notable advantages to Kael?
As I remember it there were three faction armor sets: dragon, giant, and dwarf. The dwarf set was the only one you could get without a raid (it just required killing giants, while the other two required killing raid dragons).

I think Velious also introduced some armor in the Plane of Growth, but (obviously) that's raid only. Then there's Mischief armor, which is great except it will be REALLY hard to get (both because Mischief quests can take forever and because everyone and their brother will be fighting over Mischief).

So, I think any non-raider should initially go for the dwarf armor line, then supplement it with pieces from Mischief or random pieces (eg. 7th Shawl).

Quote:
3) What 6-man grouping experiences can I expect from Velious?
Um, lots? Not sure about specifics, but I will say that the Per-Level Hunting Guide will have most if not all of them once Velious comes out.

Quote:
4) What new leveling opportunities, solo or grouped, can I expect for 57-60?
As a 57 Shaman myself this is a question very near and dear to my heart. As I remember it there are LOTS of places to level in that range in Velious, but I don't remember any except the Kael arena. I remember doing that a lot though (both for dwarf armor and for dragon/dwarf faction).

Quote:
5) For alt leveling, how would your ideal leveling path to 55 or so differ with the release of Velious?
When I played on live I *started* when Velious came out, so as soon as I got to Velious levels (min 35 I think?) I headed over. Again it's been too long to remember specifics, but there was definitely a leveling path from 35 or so to 60 in Velious (I want to say animals in the frozen wastes, then spiders in crystal caverns, then giants, but that's probably missing stuff).

Quote:
6) Can the coldain ring quest be completed twice, once to 10 and a second time to 9? If so, do the buffs from the lvl 9 and 10 rings stack?
I think you can wear both, but I don't know if the buffs stack (I doubt it). This post makes it sound like at least wearing both is an option:
http://crucible.samanna.net/viewtopi...ld+stack#p3927

Hope that helps.
Old 12-12-2014, 01:58 PM
Sarnak

Small bump and another question (#7) edited into OP.
Old 12-12-2014, 02:22 PM
Planar Protector

6. Rings will not stack clicky wise. Also keep in mind the 10th ring does not stack with Regrowth or Fungi staff.
7. A raider with Chestplate of Vindication and Shaman Boots from PoM will cap fast :P. Honestly though worrying about AC on a shaman is pretty meh IMO.
Old 12-12-2014, 02:26 PM
Sarnak

That's interesting about the ring, such a shame! So with the 9th ring we'll get a damage shield, 10th we won't. Weird!

The AC question was related to choice of offhand/ranged. Although I guess SBS and talisman of benevolence would trump any of the other combos available to non-raider, even without considering lower AC options.
Old 12-15-2014, 05:25 AM
Kobold

Quote:
That's interesting about the ring, such a shame! So with the 9th ring we'll get a damage shield, 10th we won't. Weird!

The AC question was related to choice of offhand/ranged. Although I guess SBS and talisman of benevolence would trump any of the other combos available to non-raider, even without considering lower AC options.
You should still get the atk bump and the ds from tenth ring the regen just wont stack.
Old 12-15-2014, 09:17 AM
Planar Protector

No.

The buffs will not stack.

Regrowth will prevent 10th ring from sticking on you.
Old 12-16-2014, 07:44 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No.

The buffs will not stack.

Regrowth will prevent 10th ring from sticking on you.
Ahh well they should. 10th ring is probably not worth doing as a shaman anyway DS is marginally useful and the regen wont stack. Stats are nice but there are rings that are just as good if not better for shaman.
Old 12-16-2014, 09:55 AM
Planar Protector

Should in your opinion sure. Should in classic, definitely not.

The ring is still the best ring for shamans outside of the Vulak+AoW ring combination. That being said the ring will be rough to obtain on this server.
Closed Thread