Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2014, 10:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulgiamatti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can say it as much as you want, but all you're doing is disqualifying yourself from rational conversation. Like I just said, if you want to broadcast this kind of anti-thought, go right ahead. It neither breaks my leg nor picks my pocket. Just don't come crying to me when no one's willing to take you seriously or give you the chance to attempt a valid argument.
Yeah RobotElvis has been the height of irrationality. He obviously isn't capable of intellectual debate. Good call.
Old 09-20-2014, 10:16 PM
Planar Protector

I know, and all it took was one conflation from him for me to reach that conclusion. Makes my job so much easier.
Old 09-20-2014, 10:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliseus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Look at this guy, he quotes that one statement out of your comment as if that is the only thing you said, like you didn't provide any validity behind your response. Like I said, they only read what they want to read, and out of all the great info you have also pointed out, all he saw was that one statement.
It's just sad. But apparently not even on the verge of being close to a maybe religious thought.

And because I believe in creation I am supposed to be the closed-minded one!
Old 09-20-2014, 10:22 PM
Planar Protector

I wonder if most people who believe so rigidly in Evolution have ever done any honest research on where the origins of the theory came from?
Old 09-20-2014, 10:25 PM
Planar Protector

I'd never make the charge of creationism being inherently closed-minded. When used as the basis to justify harmful fundamentalist religious views, then I'd say it's morally reprehensible, but I don't think "closed-minded" accurately represents my beef with it.
Old 09-20-2014, 10:28 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulgiamatti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can say it as much as you want, but all you're doing is disqualifying yourself from rational conversation. Like I just said, if you want to broadcast this kind of anti-thought, go right ahead. It neither breaks my leg nor picks my pocket. Just don't come crying to me when no one's willing to take you seriously or give you the chance to attempt a valid argument.
The theory that all plants and animals have descended from one primordial germ, is staggering to the mind. If so, how was it? Did this original germ split in two, like some disease germs, one of them the beginning of plant life, and the other the head of all animal life? Or, did vegetation only, grow from this first germ for ages, and then some of it turn into species of animals? As if the guess were worthy of attention, some are ready to assert that early vegetation Algae turned into animals. Did plants become animals somewhere along the way? Or did animals, somewhere along the way, turn into plants? How long did they interbreed before the gap became too wide? Where are the descendants of the union between plants and animals? If animals were first developed from this first germ, what did they live on while there was no vegetation?

Great gaps between the principal divisions of the animal world are fatal to this speculation, which rests upon nothing but the wish that it were so. Links are lacking between marine and amphibian animals; reptiles and birds; reptiles and mammals; between apes and man. Of course, we would find fossils of millions of these links if there were any. The missing links are necessary to the scheme. Is there one chance in a million that evolution is a true hypothesis?
Old 09-20-2014, 10:31 PM
Planar Protector

I have no idea. Every question you've just asked extends far beyond my knowledge or expertise. It is fascinating though, I agree with you there.
Old 09-20-2014, 10:33 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenzig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wonder if most people who believe so rigidly in Evolution have ever done any honest research on where the origins of the theory came from?
They would be shocked to know that they are of the same mind aspartame ancient pagan religions. Religions that rely on chaos, anthropomorphism, apotheosis and androgyny as their core tenants.
Old 09-20-2014, 10:34 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobotElvis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They would be shocked to know that they are of the same mind aspartame ancient pagan religions. Religions that rely on chaos, anthropomorphism, apotheosis and androgyny as their core tenants.
As most*** not aspartame
Old 09-20-2014, 10:35 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
I have no idea. Every question you've just asked extends far beyond my knowledge or expertise. It is fascinating though, I agree with you there.
That my friend is called blind faith.
Closed Thread