Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2023, 03:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRogers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
GOP is obsessed with political correctness these days. They demand that private companies not practice capitalism or respect the free market.

Newsmax demands a raise, they want more money for putting their propaganda on TV. Newsmax does not even pay a licensing fee. DirectTV said no, you're not worth that much. Then said "Lets keep the current contract and keep you on the air, here is more time to think about it. "
Now the GOP DEMANDS that DirectTV must carry newsmax and pay them more money than they are worth for the crime of practicing business.

Newsmax turns around, cries to the GOP and 42 senators wrote letters to DirectTV threatening them with hearings. Saying they are killing conservative voices. They have 4 conservative channels, after getting rid of newsmax. They have 0 progressive leaning channels. MSNBC is corporate democrat, not progressive.

Newsmax had 100,000 viewers in january, all month. They wanted over 15 million dollars a year for that.
The stewards of our money. The party of fiscal responsibility. Our tax dollars at work.

This chongress is a joke.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-11-2023, 03:22 AM
Planar Protector

guy is harmless now fix public education or police or housing or something
Old 02-11-2023, 03:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Propaganda means state so I'm curious why they would need to pay a licensing fee.
Dunno, just like the Steven Crowder thing this squabbling over money goes over my head
Old 02-11-2023, 10:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basanos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
See this is dumb because nobody is claiming there aren't alternative outlets for people who get cancelled, they just typically have far less reach than the mainstream ones that most normal people pay attention to. So, yes, in a very real way people are being silenced despite the fact they can, indeed, still technically say words.

You're right though in a sense because the left is hilariously bad at achieving their goal of cancelling somebody since it usually garners more attention and even sympathy for the person being cancelled.
Old 02-11-2023, 11:23 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Propaganda means state so I'm curious why they would need to pay a licensing fee.
Because every other large news company does.
Old 02-11-2023, 11:30 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
See this is dumb because nobody is claiming there aren't alternative outlets for people who get cancelled, they just typically have far less reach than the mainstream ones that most normal people pay attention to. So, yes, in a very real way people are being silenced despite the fact they can, indeed, still technically say words.

You're right though in a sense because the left is hilariously bad at achieving their goal of cancelling somebody since it usually garners more attention and even sympathy for the person being cancelled.
Getting yourself banned from youtube and mainstream platforms for being an actual nazi like nick fuentes, you'd say hes being silenced. You'll say anything, wont you?

They make themselves disgusting to the general public, then cry about not being allowed on TV to yell about jews and pedophilia. Maybe dont be so disgusting and pathetic, you'll be allowed back into society.
Old 02-11-2023, 11:37 AM
Sarnak

Lol hes pretending all points of view are equal and deserve exactly 50% of the air in the room. All view points are valuable and worthy of being heard by the general public. Thats the mind of a victim, right there.
Old 02-11-2023, 11:45 AM
Planar Protector

lawl account swapping so badly
Old 02-11-2023, 12:03 PM
Banned

I’ve mentioned before that I’ve been fairly satisfied with what YouTube allows, and very satisfied with what Twitter now allows

You can do things on YouTube that I wouldn’t expect, like talk shit about the gender ideology movement, with no bans nowadays. You can talk about covid and even vaccine hesitancy on YouTube now, unlike during 2020-2021

The only thing that is a little sus is not being allowed to question particular elections, I remember hearing YouTube decided to be the Great Arbiter of who won Brazil’s latest contested election and was banning Brazilians from questioning that one. Once big tech decides they want to be the arbiters of which party in which country wins an election I start to get a little squinty because it’s sus
Old 02-11-2023, 12:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’ve mentioned before that I’ve been fairly satisfied with what YouTube allows, and very satisfied with what Twitter now allows

You can do things on YouTube that I wouldn’t expect, like talk shit about the gender ideology movement, with no bans nowadays. You can talk about covid and even vaccine hesitancy on YouTube now, unlike during 2020-2021

The only thing that is a little sus is not being allowed to question particular elections, I remember hearing YouTube decided to be the Great Arbiter of who won Brazil’s latest contested election and was banning Brazilians from questioning that one. Once big tech decides they want to be the arbiters of which party in which country wins an election I start to get a little squinty because it’s sus
Censorship by Big Tech Fascists always favors one ideology

Suddenly 'diversity' is nowhere to be found when it comes to suppressing opposing points of view
Closed Thread