Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2023, 07:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrece [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All of the most effective protests have been illegal.

Anyways, you're welcome to go live in 1898. Men who are afraid of needles wouldn't last long.
Old 03-15-2023, 07:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basanos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm the first two but over 35. You talk about your net worth a lot.
That one I actually didn’t mean net worth

I meant in a civic participation sense
Old 03-15-2023, 07:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That one I actually didn’t mean net worth

I meant in a civic participation sense
A moderate republican voter in Texas? I'm unconvinced. It's not exactly a swing state.

I could probably go to an Atlanta DSA meeting and find ten people under 35 whose votes would count more than your single one in Texas, since Georgia is supposedly leaning towards purpleness. Mainly because Atlanta represents 60% of the population of the entire state plus a shitload of black voters.

Or did you mean, like, volunteer work and stuff like that? If so that's a lot harder to quantify. Community building is a positive regardless of politics. Even the neutral evil protestant conservative churches here in the south do that.
Old 03-15-2023, 07:34 PM
Planar Protector

Let's all just go back to the 19th century, I wonder why so many moderate voters are abandoning your party?
Old 03-15-2023, 07:43 PM
Planar Protector

you guys are the ones that think we should stop space travel so we can have more trader joes
Old 03-15-2023, 08:11 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobaber [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you guys are the ones that think we should stop space travel so we can have more trader joes
how much gorilla munch is there on the moon? 0
how much gorilla munch is there at trader joes? infinite

Old 03-15-2023, 08:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobaber [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Even idiots make good choices sometimes.

Democrats are generally dumb and shortsighted about nuclear power and space development. I am still half-expecting the democrat that wins in 2024 to later bag the forthcoming Artemis missions.
Old 03-15-2023, 08:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basanos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Even idiots make good choices sometimes.

Democrats are generally dumb and shortsighted about nuclear power
this always bugged me

for decades the dems have cried upon the heavens for clean efficient energy, then when they are given clean efficient energy, they have some reason to hate it.

a coal fired power planet produces a hell of alot more ambient radiation than a nuclear power planet, and spent nuclear fuel storage has been solved for decades, but everyone is too stupid to understand the technology so it never gets investments.

that's just fission

huge breakthroughs in fusion tech have been made very recently.

in short humans are idiots, when given exactly what they want, they will immediately determine its not good enough and then bitch piss and moan for something else.

we as a species do not deserve to exist

Old 03-15-2023, 09:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Must be nice to write your own regulations and then have millions of people blame woke LGBT folks when the business inevitably fails.
Attachment 21229
Last edited by Rogean; 04-17-2024 at 05:01 PM..
Old 03-15-2023, 09:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Let's all just go back to the 19th century, I wonder why so many moderate voters are abandoning your party?
Back to the times of mass children suicides due to not having their gender surgically affirmed?

No thanks. Pass. Thank God we finally got the to the bottom of why all those kids were killing themselves hundreds of years ago

We lost a lot of good kids
Closed Thread