Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 02-22-2024, 08:50 AM
Skeleton

It was a total meme “avoidance” build, because of the common belief that AGI is crap above 75. AGI dump a cloth caster, because they get the least amount of benefit from it, if any. Iksar, because I had heard that AC bonus is Avoidance AC. Same shit you get from AGI. Not sure if that is true or not, just went with it. Avoidance was the schtick. Whether or not any of that made a difference, I don’t really know. I am convinced that you could solo level a tap tank necro without a schtick. I never felt hamstrung, though. Hell, I didn’t even intend to take it past 50, but it still felt good and wasn’t a headache death fest with a billion corpse runs. I was still able to solo farm some cool toys tap tanking post-60, like Tserrina’s Staff and Wurm Lord Shawl. Had a blast on ole Kankersaur. Playing the Boneknight version now.
Old 02-25-2024, 07:48 AM
Planar Protector

People solo rogues to 60.
Old 02-25-2024, 09:02 AM
Fire Giant

If you want to actually melee you'll run into trouble grinding blues post 50 or so because they really do start hitting hard

But you can get to 4k health with a willsapper, fat resists, good ac, and melee down phinigel
Old 02-26-2024, 05:56 AM
Kobold

About to hit 54 on my bone knight, Beakbeak. You have to manage your hitpoints a little more carefully while solo, since the mobs start to hit harder, especially around Kunark zones. I'd suggest finding one or two buddies to level with, because the build really shines in small groups.

One of the highlights of my leveling journey was joining another necromancer, cleric and enchanter for a 4-man charmed pet group in Howling Stones. The group lasted about an hour and we absolutely tore through the zone with everyone playing a different role. You could do that on a traditional necro, sure, but I think the build is a lot more fun than the fear kiting necro I shelved once I started playing Ivory' build.

Don't mind the haters, here's the gear I was rolling with - ToV gear sounds nice. I'm sure it'd only improve the gimmick.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Beakbeak
Old 02-26-2024, 10:47 PM
Skeleton

Hell yeah! I only messed around HS, solo, for a couple of sessions on the AGI toon. Mostly, in the basement. Was pulling stuff up to the wall at the safe ramp and tapping them down. I was the only one in zone, at the time, so no one was sitting there medding. I can imagine, that would have freaked someone out. I always like being able to put Staff of Undead Legions to work. That thing shreds.

AGI build: https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Kankersaur

DEX build: https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Spectersaur
Old 03-02-2024, 11:03 AM
Fire Giant

Staff of Undead Legions is almost free in raiding guilds and if you put one on yourself/pet, you’ll plow thru undead zones. My 53 necro currently has 1600 life self buffed which isn’t a lot though. You gotta be careful
Old 03-02-2024, 01:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pillow Armadillo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
About to hit 54 on my bone knight, Beakbeak. You have to manage your hitpoints a little more carefully while solo, since the mobs start to hit harder, especially around Kunark zones. I'd suggest finding one or two buddies to level with, because the build really shines in small groups.

One of the highlights of my leveling journey was joining another necromancer, cleric and enchanter for a 4-man charmed pet group in Howling Stones. The group lasted about an hour and we absolutely tore through the zone with everyone playing a different role. You could do that on a traditional necro, sure, but I think the build is a lot more fun than the fear kiting necro I shelved once I started playing Ivory' build.

Don't mind the haters, here's the gear I was rolling with - ToV gear sounds nice. I'm sure it'd only improve the gimmick.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Beakbeak
So you have 3 charm pets and still made the necro tank
And didn't even give the pet your staff
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Last edited by enjchanter; 03-02-2024 at 01:26 PM..
Old 03-02-2024, 01:25 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So you have 2 charm pets and still made the necro tank
And didn't even give the pet your staff
I carry two in my bags but rarely give them to my charmed pets because I don't want to lose one. It was overkill even without the pet gear.
Old 03-02-2024, 07:38 PM
Planar Protector

Why carry two then
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 03-02-2024, 08:20 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why carry two then
You're welcome play the gnome build for yourself and discover how you like to play it. I carry two because I found the second staff on a raid and it was in danger of rotting lol.

Bottom line - I can't speak for the max agility build (that's insane), but the bone knight is a fun, sturdy caster. I'd be interested in seeing a damage log parsed with that AC on the Iksar.

I'm trying to post in good faith here knowing that your Erudite Paladin afk power leveled from like 49-60 lol. Different strokes I guess?