Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2021, 04:42 PM
Large Bat

Default Some questions and some help needed

Hello all,

First off, I'm not a EQ vet and not much of a MMORPG person, but trying this for something new.

Anyway, I'm playing a dark elf and I read about the tunnels under Freeport. How do you get there? I'm currently running back to Neriak to sell, and it's getting old fast.

Second, is there a way to get your stuff back if it's in a terrible spot? I died trying to sell my stuff and, long story short, my corpse is too close to someone hostile and I can't for the life of me get my meager belongings back.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Old 03-13-2021, 02:50 AM
Fire Giant

the tunnels under freeport I believe are behind a false wall on southern side of the zone? Like if you're facing the entrance to West Freeport, having come from the Eastern Commons, make a rigth while facing the gates and then just run striaght to the wall. A small part of the corner the city walls just looks like a wall and you can walk right through it.

The wiki will be a lot more help in navigating the tunnels themselves.
Old 03-13-2021, 06:59 AM
Sarnak

command to drag a corpse is /corpse
if you died in commons or freeport, make a human alt, and use /consent charactername on your darkelf to give the alt the rights to drag your corpse to a safer spot

wiki.project1999.com
Old 03-13-2021, 10:45 AM
Planar Protector

Sometimes there is a guard in the fake walls. North and south.

The north one at night spawns Toxdil which you can sell to quickly (he’s right there). During daylight hours it’s a rotating spawn of a rat, orc, or a lvl 40 guard so avoid it during that window.

Going south wall at any time might find a random guard. Best case no guard but you have to run all the way and zone to sell in the underground. It’s a PITA even if you don’t fall into the water. I’d rather run to neriak or sell with the gypsies in Oasis, or again wait until night and use Toxdil.
Old 03-13-2021, 12:35 PM
Sarnak

You can try working your Freeport faction up by killing orcs in EC, then you can bank there. It takes a ton of kills though, an the orcs are 9th-10th level, so depending on your level. What I did with my 1st dark elf, I would bind myself near the bank then when I was full of loot to sell I would gate back. What class? What level? Corpse drag command /corpse is very generous on the distance it will start pulling your corpse. Bind it to a hotkey if you haven't already, you will need it. You can always ask a higher level player to give an an invisibility to help you drag your corpse out of harms way. Or you can consent another player that is not kill on sight to that NPC to drag your corpse for you as well. Command is /consent (then name of the player)
Last edited by NPC; 03-13-2021 at 12:37 PM..
Old 03-13-2021, 03:47 PM
Sarnak

Playing an evil race is like playing hard mode. It'd probably be in your interest to learn how to utilize the wiki (wiki.project1999.com; for example read the new player guide and any other relevant guides), most players constantly reference it (though this isn't classic, there was no such wiki or collection of knowledge back in the day). The wiki article or a youtube article would be better to show you how to get to the tunnels than me just trying to tell you since I'm not familiar with it since I haven't used it.
Old 03-13-2021, 07:21 PM
Fire Giant

/corpse has some range to it.

It probably goes through building/walls too.
Closed Thread