Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2019, 05:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To put it simply: because the current number of items seems balanced, 10 years of constant bickering players proves this.

I see this happen when people discuss things now a days a lot, like for example if someone says they like it when it rains, that does not mean they want to live underwater.

Also changing the items to unlimited is nothing even remotely close to what I was talking about lol so maybe that's why you think its so "dumb"

I said I like that you have to go to merchants.

I like that you have to pay them destroying plat keeping our economy strong.

Your change would eliminate two major factors that makes item recharging balanced gameplay, and then you're like "SCOFF! SEE HOW DUMB THIS IS IF ITS LIKE THIS" its like yea no kidding that's a bad idea dude, you came up with it on your own though so why are you telling me its a bad idea?

lol
What a freakin joke...are you seriously trying to argue to keep recharging in-game because it "keeps our economy strong." Funniest defense I've ever heard on these boards bro.

There are people on this server with MILLIONS of plat. Not just one or two, several of them....the economy is SCREWED because the server stayed stuck in Kunark for several years.

Recharging items is CHEAP when you consider how much plat is on the server...this is probably the weakest argument I've ever heard on P99.

I'm just very passionate about P99 staying classic...sometimes it requires an aggressive, butthole stance lol.

PS - only the people who recharge stuff regularly want it to stay in-game...aka raid guilds. These type of people don't give a crap about it being classic or not.
Last edited by skorge; 09-08-2019 at 05:20 PM..
Old 09-08-2019, 05:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm just very passionate about P99 staying classic...sometimes it requires an aggressive, butthole stance lol.
You are clearly very passionate and I appreciate that love of EQ but I disagree with you about your thoughts 100%
Old 09-08-2019, 06:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are clearly very passionate and I appreciate that love of EQ but I disagree with you about your thoughts 100%
So you don't think the main reason the economy is screwed on P99 is because the server stayed in Kunark for 5+ years and not just 9 months? Having Kunark for just 9 months of time would have created WAY WAY LESS fungi tunics during the Velious era. When Velious hit, everyone would have moved over to Velious and fewer people would have camped Seb...

The issue is, what happens to P99 after Velious? Hopefully Green will answer this question.
Old 09-08-2019, 06:02 PM
Planar Protector

I think the economy on p99 is the farthest thing from "screwed" in the history of multiplayer gaming.

And yes, there will be less of these items and plat overall on green99, Im still not sure what your concerns are.
Old 09-08-2019, 06:10 PM
Banned

Soulfire pal only, Reaper nec/sk only. Remove recharges.

Gonna have to faction grind to get that OT mallet. Probably be faction groups in overthere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hopefully Green will answer this question.
Quote:
there will be less of these items and plat overall on green99, Im still not sure what your concerns are.
Initially. Loramin has a plat/item farming guide on the wiki. People know which items are hot to farm, where to farm them, spawn times, placeholders. There is no guess work.
Old 09-08-2019, 06:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I think the economy on p99 is the farthest thing from "screwed" in the history of multiplayer gaming.

And yes, there will be less of these items and plat overall on green99, Im still not sure what your concerns are.
It's screwed in comparison to how it was in classic. The economy on P99 is it's own economy. It's nothing to do with classic EQ economy lol...the sheer # of fungis, hiero cloaks, dragon loot items, MQs, going on creates a way different economy experience that existed back in 1999/2000. Believe it or not, some people actually spent time buying/selling/trading back then, lol...on Veeshan our trade spot was in North Freeport, by the bank.

The economy itself is not screwed it's just way different. The only way to create a similar economy would be for no MQing, no recharging, and fewer OP items being sold.

Once again, Green should fix some of this. The server will move lightning fast compared to blue and hardly nobody will be selling fungis, etc...for a LONG time.
Old 09-08-2019, 06:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Initially. Loramin has a plat/item farming guide on the wiki. People know which items are hot to farm, where to farm them, spawn times, placeholders. There is no guess work.
What are you even suggesting here?
Old 09-08-2019, 06:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
What are you even suggesting here?
Perhaps too much bourbon and not enough time reading his post. Isn't he complaining about a bloated economy?
Old 09-08-2019, 06:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Perhaps too much bourbon and not enough time reading his post. Isn't he complaining about a bloated economy?
I have no idea what either of you are on about lol

All I am saying is that

1. I personally like item recharging, it adds massive dynamics to this game I enjoy.
2. The economy on blue has been going strong with static prices for a long long time, the plat sync of rechargable items is definitly a part of this.
3. green's economy will not become bloated because (even with loramins guide you linked) I do not think it will be possible to farm enough plat to break it do to its timelocked pace, just like all the other timelocked progression servers I have played on.

You beat naggy in 1 week by sending naked people at it, not being super awesome with pre planer clickies [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread