Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2019, 12:27 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by PabloEdvardo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There were multiple servers early on in Classic. How is multiple servers here different?
Addiction (Officer) EQ Mayong - 2009-2010
Wudan (Member) EQ Rallos Zek - 2003-2004
Elven Crusaders (Officer) EQ Rallos Zek - 2000-2003
Old 11-02-2019, 12:28 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaye [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It doesn't. I'm just giving facts, responding to the assertion that "1.5-2k population is too much for EverQuest". That's what makes it EQ. It's a limited world like another poster said. Dead servers are boring and the sense of achievement is meaningless, especially if you're going to have the Manastone factory churning them out 24/7 for 7 months for 2 servers that get merged. Yawn.

Was bad enough knowing people are going to /list for legacy items without putting in any work at all like they're applying for government assistance, but this too? Meh. Not too excited about green anymore. Splitting the population is a bad decision imo if P99 is going for a "classic EQ experience" and I'm allowed to have that opinion. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] May as well be playing a TLP server tbh.
You do realize if it's as dead as you are implying it will come to be they're going to remerge in like 2 weeks right?
Old 11-02-2019, 12:29 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by PabloEdvardo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There were multiple servers early on in Classic. How is multiple servers here different?
Maybe because our 1 green isn't even close to what 1 of many servers was on live back on 1999? That's why it's different. Leveling took luck and creative adventuring around the game world if you didn't want to sit waiting LFG in a popular zone.

Y'all are spoiled and should prolly be playing a game that's not EQ if you don't like it.
Old 11-02-2019, 12:30 AM
Large Bat

Thank you!!!!
Old 11-02-2019, 12:34 AM
Sarnak

Thanks guys! I know this means more work for admins and staff, I really appreciate what you guys are doing.

I'm hopeful that the decision will be made to prevent people from logging into both simultaneously. I would also like to see you reconsider allowing /move. Let the racers stay on blue.

And one more time... thanks!
Old 11-02-2019, 12:36 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaye [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Y'all are spoiled
Complaining while on a server you're playing on for free that's even nice enough to give you classic EQ but the populace is spoiled.
Old 11-02-2019, 12:39 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Did you guys even play on live? This is sort of close, but really not even that close to what just ONE out of dozens of server population was in 1999 (yes, pre-Kunark, I played). I get that people are unhappy they're falling behind because they want to go to the same high ZEM zones like everyone else, but that's classic. I guarantee there's mobs up all over that if people want to get xp, they can go there.

I've always had the most respect for your guys' relentless dedication to creating the most classic EQ experience, no matter how much people object to loss of quality-of-life things that are everywhere in MMOs now like instancing, so this is a huge disappointment. I've worked hard on Green but idk what the point is now if you're going to have 2 ez mode servers because they'll both have 1k pop. We've got 7 months of legacy items.. Are people really babyraging that hard because people are already getting manastones while they're still level 10?
I played at live launch as well, it was not like this as they rolled out fresh servers almost weekly.

Case in point, I can only play during peak times for 1-2 hours. I matched what I did in one night on a HYBRID (erudite pally) what I did in 2 nights on my troll shammy. Game just wasn't made to support 75 people in the starting zones on off peak times
Old 11-02-2019, 12:42 AM
Fire Giant

The big deal that people need to keep in mind is that Nilbog & Rogean have been doing this for a decade. They understand numbers in terms of player count, peak and off hour play, accounts made, trends in playstyles and zones used, etc. They have more raw data on pre Luclin (or even pre Velious for that matter) Everquest than anyone else left alive at this point. If the crew are rolling out a second server, keep in mind that they are convinced there are really good reasons for it.

Don't mistake my optimistic opinion as white knighting though. I still think they're dead wrong about the magician pet issue and how Verant fixed it in 24 hours when they were aware of it, and the bleached white walls of zones is still a major bummer.
Old 11-02-2019, 12:44 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brocode [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I d recommend no box between Green and Teal if that isnt already obvious.
Old 11-02-2019, 12:47 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Complaining while on a server you're playing on for free that's even nice enough to give you classic EQ but the populace is spoiled.
I'm very grateful for the free server p99 staff provides and respect whatever they decide to do, but I'm also allowed to share my opinion.

I'm actually on the staff's side, not the whiny playerbase's who are mad they can't find mobs to kill. Releasing a second server is more expensive for them and goes against the "classic EQ experience" mission since it'll divide what is almost a classic game world population just so manchildren with jobs can advance faster than they can right now.

Sorry the truth triggers you so much.
Closed Thread