Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 10-22-2012, 02:40 PM
Fire Giant

Updated original post to refer peeps to the latest postings since seems like it's getting pretty dated

Regards,
Mg

OMNI Officer (Retired from EQ)
Check out my P99 Hunting Guide!
Old 01-19-2013, 01:56 PM
Fire Giant

Default wine 1.5.20-41 under debian wheezy: problems with EQEmu login server

wine 1.5.20-41 under debian wheezy: problems with login server

Hey everyone,

in order to run the new EQEmuLauncher, it seems my old wine installation on debian squeeze wasn't good anymore. I think I couldn't install Mono or something.

One thing led to another, and I upgraded my Debian to wheezy (testing), and built wine from the git repository (although it works out of the box).

Both versions have the following problem: Once I get past the login (wrong login info gets rejected), the server selection screen does not show a server selection.

I can play on the Shards of Dalaya server just fine - everything works there. So the problem seems to get triggered by something EQEmu does differently.

When starting EQ directly with
Quote:
WINEDEBUG=+winsock wine eqgame.exe patchme
I get the following error messages (plenty of em, full log available)
Code:
trace:winsock:WS2_recv_base socket 00e4, wsabuf 0x32faf8, nbufs 1, flags 0, from 0x32fb34, fromlen 16, ovl (nil), func (nil)
trace:winsock:WS2_recv_base fd=28, options=0
warn:winsock:WS2_recv_base  -> ERROR 10035
I installed wireshark and it shows me that the server information is actually transmitted to the computer (all the server's clear names show up in the content of arriving UDP packets). For some reason, wine is not able to receive and understand those UDP packets.

I am a bit at a loss, was hoping someone with a deeper understanding of wine would have an idea...

Oh - here's some documentation on the winsock error I was getting:
http://www.fixerror.net/2009/05/socket-error-10035/

And some discussion on the winsock error where it is not related to wine:
http://bobobobo.wordpress.com/2008/1...saewouldblock/

Anyone?

Kind regards

Slozem
Old 02-01-2013, 08:54 PM
Kobold

The game is running perfectly using cadiz's eqclient.ini suggestions, latest ubuntu (12.10), and latest version of Wine.

OP should just copy the eqclient.ini changes into the first post (with credit to cadiz). It was a bit annoying searching for the post he was talking about.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menemas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If anyone still checks this thread.............

I've been able to get EQ to launch, but there are no servers at the server select screen. I've reset the modem/router etc. It also runs fine on my windows desktop which is on the same router, so i doubt its a port issue.

I've tried fresh installs, I've copied the installation over from my windows machine, but I end up in the place each time.

Anyone have any ideas?
Bump. Same problem I described above, methinks - anyone having this issue or able to get to the source of my wireshark info above?
Old 02-14-2013, 12:25 PM
Sarnak

Throwing my chip in; I have the exact same problem on a new install of mint14 & wine1.5. Haven't gotten around to trying a different version of but I had EQ running fine on the same laptop with ubuntu12 and something like wine1.4(?)
Old 02-17-2013, 03:20 PM
Kobold

Are you using the eqclient.ini file changes? I had the server select issue until I used them.
Old 03-06-2013, 03:51 PM
Sarnak

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteso [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The game is running perfectly using cadiz's eqclient.ini suggestions, latest ubuntu (12.10), and latest version of Wine.

OP should just copy the eqclient.ini changes into the first post (with credit to cadiz). It was a bit annoying searching for the post he was talking about.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:29 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alendria [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just got this working under Wine 1.5.14 on Linux Mint 13 w/ Cinnamon with a Dell XPS M1530 laptop. Updated the video drivers manually first, did a 'sudo apt-get install wine1.5' and also used apt to get winetricks. Used winetricks to update d3dx9 (sh winetricks d3dx9). I only use Wine for EQ now so I didn't care if it blew away the DLLs in /system32.

Adjusted the eqclient.ini per Shininggg above and it works.

Total Linux newb, and I had banged my head against this for two days building wine, blowing it away and trying to build again a little differently, installing dependencies for everything under the sun, etc., and decided to forget it and just try the package.
Works. I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet but for me the eqclient.ini wasn't generated until I tried running the game for the first time. From there it's smooth sailing.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:38 PM
Planar Protector

I also am wondering if anyone has gotten EQ to work in wine with an ATI card on any sort of build. I was considering buying an Nvidia card myself because I've had no luck in lucid lynx.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:10 PM
Planar Protector

Has the eqclient.ini fix not worked for you Jeremy? I have an Nvidia card, but the eqclient fix worked for me.