Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2019, 09:23 AM
Fire Giant

Default How long were Rogues DPS powerhouses?

I don’t remember very many rogues on live, but especially during the PoP era of the game. Did their incredible DPS maintain its integrity that far into the game, or was it less impressive then? I guess I didn’t raid much on live and just like here, that’s where they’re the best, so maybe I just didn’t see them.
Old 06-30-2019, 09:50 AM
Planar Protector

I didn't play live past the beginning of pop but iirc they were still good dps but Rangers and Berserkers i think became the top dogs. Kunark/Velious is the time of the Rogue.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 06-30-2019, 09:53 AM
Sarnak

Rogues and monks held the crown until berserkers got introduced. Then imo nothing could touch their DPS until, surprisingly, they OP rangers (i know, the horrors!) and gave them headshot AA. I remember watching a ranger only 2-3 higher than the lvl of mobs he was killing in House of Thule expansion pull 10-20 mobs at a time and the fight would go something like this, turn around, start firing arrows. Health bar goes down normally for a couple seconds then BAM, instant kill the mob. Rinse repeat. But as far as pure DPS no gimmicks I’d say rogues and monks until berserkers. Whenever that was
Old 06-30-2019, 09:59 AM
Planar Protector

I don't recall playing with berserkers much, but I do recall rangers going crazy strong with AA's

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 06-30-2019, 10:08 AM
Fire Giant

This was my recollection as well. I remember Rangers being the DPS kings in PoP era and I don’t remember seeing Rogues pretty much ever.
Old 06-30-2019, 12:23 PM
Kobold

Rogues were still good dps during Luclin and PoP, but rangers were slightly better during PoP boss fights because of the lower AC (Luclin high AC mobs made archery useless) and nasty AEs (rangers shot from outside range while rogues had to stand there getting facemelted). Even so, rogues still topped the dps charts for some fights.
Old 06-30-2019, 01:27 PM
Planar Protector

Depended on the pin for the boss and other parts of the encounter. I recall rangers frequently getting assigned kiting roles on some fights in PoP...rogues basically have never ever had to do anything on any boss fight except turn attack on and off and hit their discs when told which sometimes add to the illusion of the DPS.
Old 06-30-2019, 04:22 PM
Fire Giant

they remain to this a dps powerhouse on live
Old 06-30-2019, 04:53 PM
Planar Protector

Rangers got crazy with headshot for awhile and subsequently abandoned. Kiting around 50+ mobs was kinda fun to watch. My E-boyfriend and I played Test server for awhile when the level cap was 100 and rogues seemed really fun by that point. SoOo many buttons to ++ dmanange.

Rogues could pull an entire zone of assassinatable mobs (AA increased susceptible levels) and ripo disc to assassinate all of them in like 10 seconds.
Last edited by Cecily; 06-30-2019 at 04:56 PM..
Old 06-30-2019, 06:18 PM
Planar Protector

I remember doing something similar with my warrior at 70. No, not rampage farming with earthshakerpaging!

I would round up all the ghosts in the hole, pop my vet AA and riposte disc. Made for a lot of AA in that 12 seconds!
Closed Thread