Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2019, 06:43 PM
Kobold

Rogues were garbage in luclin because of high AC. Rogues get some crazy daggers in PoP and were unmatched except maybe when wizards get EP pants and TS rangers.

Without TS, rangers aren't that great and time weapons out damage the bow from water that was removed. Nice to just hit auto fire especially with mem blurring, but without TS archery was around 200 dps while rogues, wizards and mages were 300+
Old 06-30-2019, 08:02 PM
Sarnak

I was usually top dps on my wizard throughout PoP competing with my friend playing a ranger. As it usually is a lot of good play is based on the player not necessarily the character.
Old 06-30-2019, 08:21 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rangers got crazy with headshot for awhile and subsequently abandoned. Kiting around 50+ mobs was kinda fun to watch. My E-boyfriend and I played Test server for awhile when the level cap was 100 and rogues seemed really fun by that point. SoOo many buttons to ++ dmanange.

Rogues could pull an entire zone of assassinatable mobs (AA increased susceptible levels) and ripo disc to assassinate all of them in like 10 seconds.
Same with Berserkers with Decapitate much later on.

Most of the classes went through phases like this I'd guess.
Old 06-30-2019, 10:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbosilk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was usually top dps on my wizard throughout PoP competing with my friend playing a ranger. As it usually is a lot of good play is based on the player not necessarily the character.
Nuke concussion nuke concussion nuke concussion.
Old 06-30-2019, 10:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbosilk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Really? Seemed like when I played a wiz I could only reliably land lures. And they didn't seem mana efficient enough to be high dps. I was, and still am, just casual scum and I never got into the number crunching.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 06-30-2019, 11:06 PM
Kobold

Stuff in PoP wasn't all that resistant and stuff that was could be debuffed a ton (malosinia and bard chants is like -150) Wizards could put down 7k crits and click concussion between every nuke.

Earth and air was hell for any nuker though. As a mage, I'd just chain lvl 50ish nukes cause blur would get you wrecked everytime. Might as well have pet dps and a little bit of nuking.
Old 06-30-2019, 11:08 PM
Planar Protector

Berserkers were absolute garbage until they got some AAs and epic 2.0. Their 1.0 was a fun toy but man they stunk hard with base abilities. Worse than other classes, they got a lot of crit bonuses which reminds me of playing berserk warriors for obvious reasons.