Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2019, 07:04 PM
Fire Giant

Default Removing MQ’s would make green more classic.

So while MQ’s definitely existed during live, I don’t recall anyone ever MQing epic pieces or OT hammers during live. I don’t really remember anyone MQing much of anything to be honest, although I’m sure HoT armor and such did get MQ’d, but much of what we take for granted today (OT hammer especially) didn’t really exist on live. I think it would make the green server feel so much more classic if they didn’t allow MQ’s. Guilds wouldn’t be sniping so many of the expensive epic MQ’s and I think it would be fun to have to actually work for our OT hammer. I know I know “nOt ClAsSiC!!” But I think changing that one element of classic EQ would actually really improve the classic feel of p99.
Old 09-06-2019, 07:09 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah and while you’re doing that can you please go ahead and delete every quest and every item that i dont remember people doing/having also? I want this experience to match my old memories thanks.
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 09-06-2019, 07:17 PM
Planar Protector

Did puppet strings not exist on live? Why wouldn't you be able to borrow someone's to charm the foreman? Recharging is a whole 'nother story.
Old 09-06-2019, 07:17 PM
Planar Protector

MQs were incredibly rare/mostly unheard of until hasten and so temple were introduced. You started having a lot of wealthy/high level players who didn't want to be arsed to do some of these quests but wanted the items nonetheless. It became much more common after.
Old 09-06-2019, 07:39 PM
Planar Protector

WTS Loot rights
Old 09-06-2019, 09:06 PM
Planar Protector

MQing/Recharging/Chardok AoE/Abuse of Clickies are all things that will ruin Green if allowed to exist. Make a real classic server instead of allowing borderline exploits to exists just because "they did" even though 95% of the population didn't know they did. In this setting, 100% of people know they do so it's not the same.
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 09-06-2019, 09:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
MQing/Recharging/Chardok AoE/Abuse of Clickies are all things that will ruin Green if allowed to exist. Make a real classic server instead of allowing borderline exploits to exists just because "they did" even though 95% of the population didn't know they did. In this setting, 100% of people know they do so it's not the same.
Excellent point.
Old 09-06-2019, 09:44 PM
Banned

I agree.
Old 09-06-2019, 10:10 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Exactly. It’s technically classic. But by keeping that element of the game intact it removes the classic feel. I don’t think I knew more than a handful of people who had an OT hammer on live, and I remember people doing braids for hours trying to get their faction up. I also don’t remember ever seeing someone MQ a highly desirable epic MQ like green scales or PGS
Old 09-06-2019, 10:16 PM
Planar Protector

moving to resolved.
Closed Thread