Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2019, 05:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
and another thing: im not too immersed. please dont put in the newspaper that im too immersed.
Not like it would matter; I only get my news from bulletins at local bars / holiday inns. And I've stopped receiving mail because my Postal Service carrier refused to sing or prance around with a drumstick in hand.

Now stop ruining my immersion with below 100 Common Tongue or I'll put you on ignore.
Old 09-07-2019, 05:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Considering the number of posts one sees concerned green will flood blue with items, destroying the economy (LOL), surely more grats rot is a good thing?

And honestly, people camping out at a spawn point and logging in to actually loot an item on call is a step up from MQ in my book.

I find the farm plat to buy vs get the item yourself vs farm items to sell dynamic a little reminiscent of the consumer / small business / corporation dynamic.
Agreed, these would be better to an extent. There would still be lowbies in Thurg gear, just none in HoT gear.
Old 09-07-2019, 09:43 AM
Sarnak

MQ'ing is awful and is one of the worst things about Blue.
Old 09-07-2019, 12:53 PM
Kobold

No one MQ'd OT hammers because not many knew about recharging and the people that did kept it secret because it's an obvious exploit
Old 09-07-2019, 01:05 PM
Planar Protector

Eliminating item recharging would probably be the single best change they could make, not only in terms of promoting a more classic "feel", but in contributing toward overall server health and player satisfaction.
Old 09-07-2019, 02:28 PM
Planar Protector

Recharges are actually necessary in EQ, as they're the only exit source for platinum besides players retiring from the game. If there was no recharges, you can expect everything in EC to cost 50% more due to too much free plat.

If anything, make recharges way more expensive but still feasible and somewhat cheaper than buying new ones.
Old 09-07-2019, 02:45 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And OT hammer has nothing to do with a MQ...
Wrong.

The green scales were a good point, I should have used PGS or some other example, but an OT hammer is definitely a form of MQ. Multi quest means more than one person doing the quest. You are using the strings of another person to resolve a quest you otherwise couldn’t do. It’s an MQ, just a different sort of MQ
Old 09-07-2019, 05:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Recharges are actually necessary in EQ, as they're the only exit source for platinum besides players retiring from the game. If there was no recharges, you can expect everything in EC to cost 50% more due to too much free plat.

If anything, make recharges way more expensive but still feasible and somewhat cheaper than buying new ones.
Kind of a bunk argument, because the only items regularly recharged are the ones whose recharge costs are low enough to be reasonable. In other words, yes, recharging is removing plat from the economy, but it's a minuscule amount of the total plat created each day. Also remember that the supply of items is also constantly expanding (except for items that no longer drop) which creates downward pressure on item prices. All that being said, I think the gameplay benefits of eliminating item recharging far outweigh any considerations about the effects on the economy. Goods will always find a fair market price, regardless of the amount of plat in circulation. But item recharging has a ton of deleterious effects on the game.
Old 09-07-2019, 08:37 PM
Sarnak

lol

Here are things that also didn't exist::

*Discord
*Broadband
*fast Computing
*knowledge of game mechanics
*20 years of game familiarity
*and many more...
Old 09-07-2019, 09:17 PM
Planar Protector

If I play green99, will that mean I am a virgin again and I can get into heaven?
Closed Thread