Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2019, 07:42 PM
Kobold

Kurns basement/bottom level. If you preserve the mole faction you can run around the entire zone safely with just IVU
Old 02-05-2019, 12:08 AM
Sarnak

Could be that I'm terrible but the mob density in Kerra was just insane. I couldn't find a spot that had blues and also didn't have a million mobs all over the place. Maybe I just need to practice more.
Old 02-05-2019, 12:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Could be that I'm terrible but the mob density in Kerra was just insane. I couldn't find a spot that had blues and also didn't have a million mobs all over the place. Maybe I just need to practice more.
And yet I just heard of a cleric waiting 2 hours to get into an unrest FP group yesterday.... lol. But ya there are mobs everywhere. And they cast. It's no cake walk. Full group could do work in there.

Keep at it
Old 02-05-2019, 11:10 AM
Sarnak

Ok new question would be where is a good spot to practice outside? I did Lavastorm for a few levels now I'm thinking East Karana? Sorry just getting frustrated so looking for help to keep my interest going
Old 02-05-2019, 01:01 PM
Planar Protector

EK until it greens out. Great way to practice. Wolves then spiders eventually. From there I’d move into loio. Can do that until 32 and hit iceclad after by TOFS.
Old 02-05-2019, 01:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok new question would be where is a good spot to practice outside? I did Lavastorm for a few levels now I'm thinking East Karana? Sorry just getting frustrated so looking for help to keep my interest going
The Per-Level Hunting Guide (link in my sig) is a great go to for finding new places of any sort. If you're looking for outdoor charming locations you might want to look not just at the Enchanter spots, but at the Druid spots also, because almost all of them (except a few quadding places) are animal/outdoor charming spots.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 02-05-2019, 04:02 PM
Sarnak

lol I've lost a lvl since trying to charm solo anything. I love your guide Loramin but everyone else reads it too.. There were 9 people at spiders and stuff in EK at noon on a Tuesday.
Old 02-06-2019, 01:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't forget about Kerra Island (everyone does)! My Enchanter's only 19 but there's still plenty of the zone that's blue or higher. It is pretty dense, but you can invis around the zone to find a good corner, then start a charm fight between a couple nearby mobs and you're all set.

It's in the middle of nowhere, but on the plus side that means it's usually completely open. Also the Kerrans drop food and water so that saves you trips back to civilization. Oh, and of course it hurts your Kerran faction, but it's not a very important faction and if you happen to be an Erudite Enchanter then you should want to destroy those cat people for role-playing reasons anyway [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've always enjoyed doing like 15-20+ in there. Cool zone, quiet, pretty fun. The casters can be tricky but it's a good place to learn if you do have some basics down so that you don't get too frustrated by some of charm's quirkiness at low levels.
Old 02-06-2019, 10:39 AM
Kobold

When i was soloing my monk to level 24 at the bottom of Kurn's Tower, I ran into an enchanter. I'm not sure if it's worth preserving the badger faction at that point because half the mobs are badgers and you'll never come back to Kurn's, but he seemed to want to preserve his.

But yeah, kurn's tower level 20-23 or 24....try not to kill any badgers
Last edited by Dillusional; 02-06-2019 at 10:43 AM..
Old 02-06-2019, 12:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I love your guide Loramin but everyone else reads it too.. There were 9 people at spiders and stuff in EK at noon on a Tuesday.
It's a victim of its own success [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] But to be fair other guides recommend EK too (the first Per-Level Guide entry for EK even links to the Druid Charm Kiting Guide by Angelhawk, because it has more details about EK), and those spiders are also the best source of spider silk in the game, so that place is popular for other reasons too.

Many of the places on the guide are under-used though. An Enchanter at that level could do Kerra Isle, which as I mentioned is almost always empty. Druids or Enchanters can do Oasis (which is popular but not that popular; I've been able to do that camp at least half the times I've tried). There's also South Karana, which has a bunch of potential camps around that level (more for Enchanters but still some for Druids too), and again it's somewhat popular but because there's so many camps there usually one is free (and if not the Aviaks in Lake Rathe next door are almost always free too).

Just some ideas.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread