Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2019, 06:10 PM
Planar Protector

Here is what I think we should do.

Lets create a pot.

If you contribute screenshots of a high or low Zaxis, you must be willing to contribute 1k to the winner.

If you win, PM each person and setup a date to accept your 1k

if you do not get that 1k from a poster then you are legally abliged to NAME AND SHAME them ITT until they give you the 1k they owe.

This is the quest!

We will vote, when we think we have completed the search and wish to award the winner.

This is my epic player run quest, that nobody will partake in but I hope they do! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-06-2019, 09:12 PM
Planar Protector

I think zones' Z-axes should be considered independently. -100 in The Hole is the same as -100 in Lake of Ill Omen. Then there would be no disagreement about whether The Hole or Sleeper's Tomb is lower; or whether TOFS is higher than the Combine spires in DL. It's just finding the highest and lowest raw Z values in any zone. Thoughts?
Old 08-06-2019, 09:33 PM
Kobold

I don’t know why but reading this thread and responses is one of the most satisfying things I’ve done in a while.
Old 08-06-2019, 09:48 PM
Fire Giant

jibartik what kinda brownie dust you snortin bro
Old 08-06-2019, 10:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think zones' Z-axes should be considered independently. -100 in The Hole is the same as -100 in Lake of Ill Omen. Then there would be no disagreement about whether The Hole or Sleeper's Tomb is lower; or whether TOFS is higher than the Combine spires in DL. It's just finding the highest and lowest raw Z values in any zone. Thoughts?
100% agree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

YE STATED ARE THINE RULES OF THE QUEST IN DON QUOTED TEXT
Old 08-07-2019, 01:13 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveeauxfour [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
jibartik what kinda brownie dust you snortin bro
^
Old 08-07-2019, 02:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
From a standpoint of looking at every zone as a singular box, there's merit to doing those measurements. But thinking about the overall landscape and elevations throughout Norrath is more fun!

To me the highest point of Everfrost Peaks should logically be the highest point in Norrath. That's the Himalayas of the planet. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

And for lowest point, somewhere in The Buried Sea (not released during Classic, but seen on the world map). The ocean is a deep place. Too bad we didn't get better underwater game areas. "Atlantis" should been located over there somewhere.
Old 08-07-2019, 03:53 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xulia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would say the next lowest point would be either Kedge Keep since its entrance is already below sea level
But kedge isn't at sea level is it? I mean its entrance in in a lake, which does not necessarily mean sea level.

However saying that, you do have to run down a long way to get into Dagnars from Butcherblock, and BB is at sea level.....

EDIT:
The more i think about it, the more I come to agree with you Xulia.
Old 08-07-2019, 07:18 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Too bad we didn't get better underwater game areas. "Atlantis" should been located over there somewhere.
That’s where the combine should have really ended up. Under the ocean, instead of on the moon
Old 08-07-2019, 08:01 AM
Orc

There's a simple way to figure this out. Go to freeport docks as measure the z-axis, which is your "sea level" measurement. Then traverse each zone and measure the z-axis on either side of every zoneline, giving a relative elevation of each zone. Then it's just a matter of finding the highest point based on the zone elevation and elevation of a particular location in the zone.
Closed Thread