Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2019, 01:43 PM
Planar Protector

Edit: Ninjaed and explained far more eloquently.

Here was my awkward attempt

Tgb: target group buff - if you /tgb on you can target someone in a different grouo and cast your group buffs on that group instead of your own. Can also be used on pets to buff that pet.

Cotp: call of the predator - a level 60 ranger group buff that substantially buffs attack.

Sock ST: spend a lot of time in sleepers tomb pretending you aren't actually crying that the sleeper got awoken, greatly reducing access to weapons that proc avatar, and you are instead simply cutting onions to make a lasagne (for 1) while waiting for one of the three three day golems to spawn to scrape a slim chance at having a primal drop.

I feel i just lost a forum fte.
Old 09-24-2019, 01:49 PM
Planar Protector

HAHA FTE! Better luck next time, CASUAL!

Jk, very succinct explanations. I like how we both put some humor in the Sock ST definitions.
Old 09-24-2019, 02:35 PM
Banned

I never understood poop socking. Why not poop tupperwaring? Or poop PVC piping? It just makes more sense
Old 09-24-2019, 02:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiscriminate_hater [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or poop PVC piping? It just makes more sense
That's basically going in the toilet, you're just skipping the bowl.
Old 09-24-2019, 04:19 PM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Wenai

I didn't understand the obsession with Magician the first time around, and I won't understand it this time around either. Yes, they are easy. It is really easy to summon a Fire pet, cycle it out for full exp and play that way. But at the end of the day you just have a class that lacks versatility. If you compare Magician to Necromancer (the other major pet class):

Pet? Both classes.
Nukes? Both classes.
Gate? Both classes.
Snare? Necromancer only.
Root? Necromancer only.
Mez? Necromancer only.
Fear? Necromancer only.
DA? Necromancer only.
FD? Necromancer only.
Heals? Necromancer only.
Damage Absorb? Necromancer only.
Lifetap? Necromancer only.
Rez? Necromancer only. (Kunark obviously)
Corpse Summon? Necromancer only.

It's like... What does Magician get (thats actually a useful skill) that Necromancers don't?

COTH, Mod Rods, ... I am drawing a blank at that point. Mod Rods and Twitches are pretty comparable restoring a similar amount of mana.

I just don't get the draw of a Magician over a Necromancer when people are looking for something "easy" for a farming character purpose. The sheer amount of utility you get out of a Necromancer in comparison is staggering.
Last edited by Wenai; 09-24-2019 at 04:25 PM..
Old 09-24-2019, 04:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenai [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's like... What does Magician get (thats actually a useful skill) that Necromancers don't?
They can summon bags....duh
Old 09-24-2019, 04:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenai [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just don't get the draw of a Magician over a Necromancer when people are looking for something "easy" for a farming character purpose. The sheer amount of utility you get out of a Necromancer in comparison is staggering.
The first thing that comes to mind is a magician is not hated in most places where necromancers are. Maybe people like being able to run to most locations without issue?
Old 09-24-2019, 04:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The first thing that comes to mind is a magician is not hated in most places where necromancers are. Maybe people like being able to run to most locations without issue?
Gnome necros are KOS in very few (if any) good cities ... or so I've heard (never actually played one).

But I think Wenai really hit it on the head. Just as how Verant gave Enchanters too much and Wizards too little (because they could out-DPS Enchanters), and EQ would be a better game if Wizards got Clarity instead (or something) ... likewise Necromancers got almost all of the pet class utility, when really they should have shared some with Mages (but instead Verant over-valued Mage's higher DPS).

(And Shaman should give Torpor to Druids, and ... well, I don't mean to change the thread's topic, but you get the idea [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.])

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-24-2019, 04:47 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Better and more versatile pets? Better group DPS? Damage shield. Summoned stuff is more useful on a fresh green server than on blue.

Not going to argue with you that Necro is a more versatile class with a better kit. Sure, they are. But I think probably there are some situations in where a mage is better soloing, mostly where you can not fear kite. If you just wanna pick 1 new camp every 5 levels and solo grind exp until you get to 50, sure play a necro.

For me I already played a necro on live, and I play a SK now, so a necro doesn't really appeal to me at all.
Old 09-24-2019, 04:50 PM
Kobold

I'm fairly sure mage pets are a lot better than necro pets and the epic pet is pretty damn good. Also necromancer's don't get much DD spells worth a shit unless you mean stuff vs undead.
Closed Thread