Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 07:44 PM
Fire Giant

Default Top WoW Raiding Guild Quits

http://www.pcgamesn.com/wow/top-worl...s-slowly-day-1

Quote:
“Raiding for many many hours on end is fun, CAN be exciting, and at the end of it all can really prove who really wants that world first/us first/realm first the most,” he elaborated. “Unfortunately we (hardcore raiders) pushed too hard. Tier after tier we just keep adding to the insanity in both farming preparations and actual progressing. It's almost as if progression itself never really ends after a end tier boss dies.
Sounds similar to the situation on P99. There is always a subset of gamers for any game that "take things too far." Usually these types of gamers end up congregating on a few servers. However, with P99 there is only 1 server thus the end game raiding will always be dominated by the people who "take things too far."

It's not TMOs fault, its not P99s fault, its just human nature and the somewhat obvious conclusion of the single server classic ruleset environment we are playing in.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:04 PM
Planar Protector

Psh..."Hardcore" wow raiders don't hold a candle to EQ raiders..live or emu. Have them go play in VT for 10+ hours straight or PoG and then we can talk about hardcore.

Valid point regardless tho =)

I raided on wow for 6 years and was GM of a raiding guild there during TBC era. So this isnt just wow hate.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:30 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-10-2013, 10:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizen1080 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Psh..."Hardcore" wow raiders don't hold a candle to EQ raiders..live or emu. Have them go play in VT for 10+ hours straight or PoG and then we can talk about hardcore.

I raided on wow for 6 years and was GM of a raiding guild there during TBC era. So this isnt just wow hate.
uhhh

let me tell you about 400 wipes, over 10k gold spent on repairs, and grinding for 8 hours a day in progression guilds

its the other way around, eq raids (classic or current) cant hold a candle to wow

you havent raided since TBC so i can excuse that i guess but wotlk till current had some of the hardest raids in a game i've played
Last edited by OforOppression; 05-10-2013 at 10:48 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 05-10-2013, 10:46 PM
Banned

Exodus is just mad that they keep getting beat out by DREAM Paragon and Method
Old 05-10-2013, 11:05 PM
Planar Protector

The world was shaped by men like me who dared to take things, "too far, man."
Old 05-10-2013, 11:07 PM
Banned

Exodus hasn't even been relevant for a while, not sure how "top" they are, Blood Legion is even ahead of them.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizen1080 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Hmm, idk. I have spent an insane amount of time raiding on both WoW (live) and EQ (p99).

I'd have to say learning the classic wow raids was a huge time sink for 40 people. We spent 10+hours in MC back when there weren't all these mandatory mods they have now. When most of the bosses weren't well documented and strategies varied greatly.

Going into WoW now is just boring if you aren't pioneering new dungeons/raids.

Raiding on p99, haha, it's a huge time sink because that's what they made it with variance and allowing training in VP. I'm sure that it will be different with the expansion dungeons/raids.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:15 PM
Banned

Considering we'll never get VT/PoG sit back and enjoy windows fagget
Old 05-10-2013, 11:36 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OforOppression [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Considering we'll never get VT/PoG sit back and enjoy windows fagget
why wouldnt you get PoG?

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Closed Thread