Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2019, 07:11 PM
Sarnak

I am happy to provide the history of....all the Aussie guilds raid history that have been on the server.

From <Infernus> it would be - "Sat staring at VS spawn for another 10 hours today"
Evilbaa Thesheep
Scoutbaa Thesheep
Stoutbaa Thesheep
<Infernus>
Old 10-03-2019, 07:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I started this page a little while back http://wiki.project1999.com/Raid_History. The goal was to A) give new people starting out here a little context on the P99 raid scene (so that if someone says say "Class C" there's a place they can go to see what that meant), and B) "you have to know where you've been to know where you're going": my hope is that everyone being more educated about the raid scene's history can lead to higher quality discussions about it's future.

But once I started it, I realized ... I just don't know enough about the server's raid scene history (especially the earlier parts) to fill the page out. Anyone want to help (again, I'm particularly looking for someone who raided since the server's earliest days)?

To be clear this is NOT an RnF page! The goal is to write a nice, neutral, inoffensive, encyclopedia-like summary of the raid scene (for the reasons I listed). I understand the subject matter might encourage flaming, but please resist the urge!
Might find this thread helpful. Also, I'm not sure you want to mention some of these names and guilds. They are best forgotten for all the trouble some of them caused the server.
https://www.reddit.com/r/project1999...istory_of_p99/
Old 10-04-2019, 09:55 AM
Planar Protector

That summary is really not great written lol

So many names wrong/not there. Nilaars brings up Class system at least which other dude on Reddit omitted.
Old 10-04-2019, 10:05 PM
Fire Giant

Terrible history provided so far

Not a single mention of Darkwind who merged with IB to form Transatlantic Rampage at the end of classic/start of Kunark and dominated that period

Madlez and the other euros played a key part at that time
Old 10-04-2019, 11:21 PM
Planar Protector

wasn't there another guild during EARLY p99 kunark that was causing drama I forget the name.

Please what was the history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Terrible history provided so far
Monica jazzy set us straight sir. Pleases tell us everything you remember about the history.
also check out DMO
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 10-05-2019, 06:54 AM
Fire Giant

Peace Pipe didn't dominate raiding but they were the greatest guild till the idiot leader got himself banned, dunno what him and his missus did after that.

Taken had a really good run, they absorbed other guilds, a lot of refugees from Venom and Acyrid who split from Poison, who themselves had a few peace pipers, got big named targets, I think they were sometimes top 3.
They were doing well when I left and quit 99 for a while.
Last edited by Tobius; 10-05-2019 at 07:24 AM..
Old 10-05-2019, 11:02 AM
Sarnak

I know the whole story, but there is no need for this Bard's Tale, since the forums themselves are rich with documentation, and the pleasure is in the journey, just like EQ.

Once you have it fully made, or if someone else has the passion to piece it together, perhaps I can help fill in some blanks, if there are any mysteries left.

/wave Nlaar

cheers,

Astuce
Old 10-05-2019, 01:55 PM
Sarnak

Classic - Inglourious Basterds dominated, merged with other guilds to form Transatlantic Rampage towards the end of Classic.

Kunark - Transatlantic Rampage dominated early Kunark, VP release was stalled for about a year, TR started to grow bored waiting for VP release, and TMO fueled by cotton candy started to chip away at their dominance. VP was released and GM's forced TR, and TMO to roll to decide who got which dragons.

TR left P99 to play on EQmac, TMO dominated Kunark in their absence, some time later TR came back to P99, and reformed as Inglourious Basterds. TMO was hit with a mass ban wave because of certain members duping plat, leader of TMO along with many other high ranking members within the guild quit as a result. TMO was then taken over by Forceful Entry a BDA split off guild. IB and the new TMO would remain relatively even in terms of strength for the next 2 or so years. During this time the C/R/FFA class system was implemented, allowing casual guilds previously dominated by TMO to see raid content without having to compete against the top two guilds.

Late Kunark with Velious approaching IB decides to merge with The A-team, and Idiots and Savages to form Rampage. They begin to dominate content, and TMO starts to lose many of its members, Detoxx rebrands TMO as Forsaken but nothing really changes.

Velious - The C/R/FFA system is aboloshed and Rampage dominates early Velious for the first several months, Forsaken allies with Asgard and Taken to create the FAT alliance in hopes of competing against Rampage. The FAT alliance starts to chip away slowly at Rampage's dominance, Rampage leadership decides to stop playing, and wakes the sleeper before disbanding the guild. Taken grows tired of being treated like a third wheel by Asgard and Forsaken and they merge with the remnants of Rampage to form Awakened. Forsaken merges with Asgard to form Aftermath, the not so great era of A/A is born. The A's compete against each other for the next 2 years or so, neither guild being substantially better than the other.

Awakened makes the fatal mistake of breaking a mans heart, and is forced to change leadership in order to survive. Tempest is born from the ashes of Awakened, but a general dislike of the new leadership causes many of the "core" players from Awakened to split away and form their own guild called Core which focuses on smaller content. Tempest struggles to compete with Aftermath, and with Tempest members becoming increasingly disappointed with the new leadership the guild starts bleed members to both Core, and Aftermath. Aftermath starts to dominate content for the next year or so as Tempest slowly dies, and Core remains focused on smaller content.

Eventually the GM's grow unhappy with the current raid environment and decide to root dragons in ToV, Aftermath having grown accustomed to quick zone line pulls begins to lose members who aren't interested in spending hours crawling through ToV to receive their pixels. Smaller guilds like Core, Paradigm Shift, and Azure Guard start to chip away at Aftermath's dominance, and eventually Core, and Paradigm Shift merge to form Riot. Aftermath continues lose members due to increased competition, and a general dislike of the new crawl meta. Riot quickly overtakes Aftermath, and that is where we are at today.

I left a ton of shit out, I didn't mention many of the smaller guilds, there were way more "raid meta's" than I mentioned including No CSR VP, Mario Kart, Kunark Footraces etc. but I didn't want to turn this already long post into a full fledged novel.
Old 10-05-2019, 10:03 PM
Fire Giant

Good write up, solid history of the two 'main' guilds throughout the ten years. Hopefully someone can fill in some of the smaller guilds, like Divinity!

[ Kurrat - Arch Mage ]
[ Kurrate - Crusader ]
<Legacy of Fire>

Old 10-06-2019, 01:44 PM
Sarnak

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...8&postcount=28

If you really want to make a wiki page just take that post and put it in there, it's not 100% accurate but it's about as close as you're going to get.