Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-25-2020, 07:13 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyborg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’d be absolutely embarrassed to be part of a guild that would prefer to leave up a Vulak blocker until after prime time. Say what you want about our horrible PR game, but I’d rather uninstall and play Hello Kitty Online than leave a Vulak blocker up until a time where Riot has trouble fielding a force. Absolute embarrassment.
You sincerely expect anyone to believe that given the choice between 1) kill zlexak, and give riot an equal chance to contest you on vulak, or 2) leave zlexak in place until riot was disadvantaged compared to you (or disqualified entirely), that AG/F would choose the former?

lol sure thing.
Old 12-25-2020, 08:47 PM
Banned

So if you have to kill a noble creature to attain abashis, does this make you evil?
Old 12-25-2020, 09:11 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyborg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’d be absolutely embarrassed to be part of a guild that would prefer to leave up a Vulak blocker until after prime time. Say what you want about our horrible PR game, but I’d rather uninstall and play Hello Kitty Online than leave a Vulak blocker up until a time where Riot has trouble fielding a force. Absolute embarrassment.

Is this the same blocker that was at 50% before riot got trained? I mean if you want blockers dead, then don't kill the guilds killing them.
Old 12-25-2020, 11:42 PM
Skeleton

https://youtu.be/gwfums63zjU?t=23
Old 12-26-2020, 11:48 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikebro [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea thats why he was kicked... 🤦*♂️
Sick
Old 12-27-2020, 02:43 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdrcfrx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You sincerely expect anyone to believe that given the choice between 1) kill zlexak, and give riot an equal chance to contest you on vulak, or 2) leave zlexak in place until riot was disadvantaged compared to you (or disqualified entirely), that AG/F would choose the former?

lol sure thing.
100%

I would never even entertain the idea because that isn’t fun. I can see leaving it up until prime time EST if it pops really late so that everyone is at an advantage, but not some 9AM ridiculousness. It’s a lose lose proposition unless all you care about is pure pixels. Killing Vulak without proper competition is unrewarding and if you somehow lose after having a huge advantage you just deflate your guild’s morale. We saw how they played out with Riot.
Old 12-27-2020, 03:03 PM
Aviak

Quote:
100%

I would never even entertain the idea because that isn’t fun. I can see leaving it up until prime time EST if it pops really late so that everyone is at an advantage, but not some 9AM ridiculousness. It’s a lose lose proposition unless all you care about is pure pixels. Killing Vulak without proper competition is unrewarding and if you somehow lose after having a huge advantage you just deflate your guild’s morale. We saw how they played out with Riot.
So I'm torn with this post.

On one hand; I completely agree with you in that it isn't fun sitting around with a blocker up...

On the other hand I have historical evidence: On numerous occasions when the final blocker spawned (Lady N, Jorll, Trips) FRAG and Riot were at a stand-still for literal hours trying to identify the best way to handle the Vulak Blocker. There is one unique case in that FRAG was killing Lady N for approximately 1+ hours consistently, holding Lady N at around 5-10% while they worked out a plan for Vulak.

So your argument is sound; it isn't fun. But the "We would never do this", historically, is entirely inaccurate.
Old 12-27-2020, 03:24 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookitsjb [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I'm torn with this post.

On one hand; I completely agree with you in that it isn't fun sitting around with a blocker up...

On the other hand I have historical evidence: On numerous occasions when the final blocker spawned (Lady N, Jorll, Trips) FRAG and Riot were at a stand-still for literal hours trying to identify the best way to handle the Vulak Blocker. There is one unique case in that FRAG was killing Lady N for approximately 1+ hours consistently, holding Lady N at around 5-10% while they worked out a plan for Vulak.

So your argument is sound; it isn't fun. But the "We would never do this", historically, is entirely inaccurate.
Winner post.
Old 12-27-2020, 03:27 PM
Sarnak

4-6 hour contested vulak raids with blockers is brutal.

Playing smart throughout the cycle should bring an advantage, so don't screw up and get to a point where you have to concede mobs.

All guilds have messed up at some point or another and lost an advantage.
It sucks, but forces us all (Regardless of you guild tag) to try and play better.
Old 12-27-2020, 03:28 PM
Sarnak

Wait, this is posted in a Kabull thread...

errr, yeah.
Closed Thread