Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2020, 01:59 PM
Planar Protector

lot of really angry people shaming and shunning me worse than i accidently shamed a class of people i don't even care enough about to devote brain cycles worrying about shaming

anyway thread is about 'contesting' the ac, definately should not be a list camp and wizards with FTE deserve the rings above all other classes, thats how it was in my day, this camp is special and CS is dumb to even bother with it, they should just dt the petitioniners in s ro, summon them to cs home first so they have to die and leave their loot in cshome, then let their corpses rot, and then allow them to petition again for another chance at looting their corpse so they can do it all over again

it's dumb, and u guys especially castle need to seek some serious help sorry this thread made u mad enough to create a hyperlink
Old 05-21-2020, 02:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-21-2020, 02:37 PM
Planar Protector

lulz, you got a meme of someone who's feeling smug and didn't read?
Old 05-21-2020, 02:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lulz, you got a meme of someone who's feeling smug and didn't read?
i'm feeling like a zombie sailor why you replying to me if you are on ignore?
Old 05-21-2020, 02:40 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-21-2020, 02:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snortles Chortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Theeeeeeere it is.
Old 05-21-2020, 02:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this was the culimination of years of recruitng, prepping on live tlps, gym workouts, keto diets, and poweraids. and twitch streaming 'contention' and breeding the hardest core gamers the planet has ever seen and then attempting to 'dominate' the 'hippest retro project on the internet' by a bunch of memelord millennials that can't even rp elfs

p99 is a museum, it should be a museum, it should be horrible

but what happened is the equivalent of a bunch of 1st year paleantology majors raiding the smythsonian
Old 05-21-2020, 09:41 PM
Planar Protector

Videri, you are my hero. Didn't even know that was possible. Wow. My forum QOL just improved 20% because 20% of the crap messages are from a few people.

Thank you!
Old 05-21-2020, 09:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm a big believer in the future of "automated GMing" on P99. /list could be only the first step, and I'd love to see further iterations of it. But at the same time, the staff only implemented /list for three mobs, and only on Green. My theory is that they only "dipped their toes in the water" because they're concerned that "the cure could be worse than the disease" (ie. they don't want to inadvertently make things less classic). Their problem isn't "what are some ideas to make things more classic?", it's "how do we not screw things up by trying to improve them?" Classic mechanics vs. classic environment is a difficult balancing act.

When we in the forum discuss ideas, I see it as a sort of "proving ground": a chance for flaws in ideas to be discovered (we all love to find flaws in each other's arguments [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]). So personally I see threads like this, where people suggest ideas, and other people tear them down, as part of a healthy cycle for the server. I imagine Rogean and Nilbog quietly watching, and seeing which ideas can't be torn apart. In other words, I imagine these discussions give them another way to weigh whether a potential change will make the server more or less classic.

But automated GMing is just one thing. Another example would be the recent clicky nerf. Now look: people have been begging for Soulfire to be Paladin-only for years, and R&N waited until recently to make it so, so one could argue all that forum pleading was for nothing. But I don't see it that way: I instead imagine they waited so long because they were hesitant to make "unclassic" (mechanically) changes ... but then finally made the change because the consistent forum feedback finally gave them the confidence to decide that "non-Paladins clicking Soulfires for CHes is not classic EQ".

So really I'd just recommend everyone suggest any ideas they can for trying to make the server the way we all remember it being back in 1999-2001, and when you hear an idea someone else has that you think would make things better, speak up. Haters will tear holes in your idea, but that's good (in a "survival of the fittest idea" way). If you can make the idea work even with criticism (and get others to buy into it) ... well I won't lie: it's extremely unlikely that Rogean or Nilbog will respond to your post and say "you're right, you've convinced me, I'll make _____ change!"

But even if they never say a word, I truly think simply having such conversations does help give the staff useful information that can help them decide what will truly make this place more classic.
Most of the people who post are ex players and aside from maybe a few gms i dont believe the devs spend their free time reading pages and pages of forums riddled with mostly spam posters and trolls
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 05-21-2020, 09:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Videri, you are my hero. Didn't even know that was possible. Wow. My forum QOL just improved 20% because 20% of the crap messages are from a few people.

Thank you!
Glad I could be of service. Now, back to your record-setting DPS!

I remember when some forumdweller had an "ignore NameOfForumEnemy" in his signature. Dastardly. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread