Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2020, 11:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean still sounds really cheap to take advantage of it like that. Totally defeats the point of the game. If you want easy fast EXP that you don’t have to make much effort to get, why aren’t you playing an MMO like WoW?
For rent money motherfucker
Old 05-24-2020, 12:12 AM
Aviak

lots of cheap stuff people do is still legal. charming merchants in OOT and wrecking seafuries / allizew far easier/faster than any other class can do them is pretty cheap

bards PBAEing while barely outside of melee range is cheap, and goes against the original devs 'intended use' more than just about anything else

I agree it was cheap, whether it was an exploit was kinda nebulous until galach said so, but I respect his decision and accepted the punishment
Old 05-24-2020, 12:25 AM
Planar Protector

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean still sounds really cheap to take advantage of it like that. Totally defeats the point of the game. If you want easy fast EXP that you don’t have to make much effort to get, why aren’t you playing an MMO like WoW?
Some folks like EQ for the exploits and other broken things. That's what makes it unique.

*tips freshly recharged WC cap

*sips*
Old 05-24-2020, 01:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by damus1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lots of cheap stuff people do is still legal. charming merchants in OOT and wrecking seafuries / allizew far easier/faster than any other class can do them is pretty cheap

bards PBAEing while barely outside of melee range is cheap, and goes against the original devs 'intended use' more than just about anything else

I agree it was cheap, whether it was an exploit was kinda nebulous until galach said so, but I respect his decision and accepted the punishment
None of that comes close to exploiting something that respawns instantly so that you have a non-stop stream of EXP
Old 05-24-2020, 02:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by damus1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

why is it still allowed to charm vendors on p99 anyway? wasn't on live
Old 05-24-2020, 03:27 AM
Planar Protector

If you like wasting money on a game play Raid Shadow Legends
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 05-24-2020, 11:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
why is it still allowed to charm vendors on p99 anyway? wasn't on live
Is there evidence of that? Or is it simply no one thought to do it back then in the early days of the game? A lot of this stuff people say “wasn’t on live” is just stuff that actually was possible to do on live but it wasn’t really done and is the product of 20 years of people trying everything in the game.
Old 05-24-2020, 11:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Is there evidence of that? Or is it simply no one thought to do it back then in the early days of the game? A lot of this stuff people say “wasn’t on live” is just stuff that actually was possible to do on live but it wasn’t really done and is the product of 20 years of people trying everything in the game.
There's a bug thread exploring that topic.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=357217
Old 05-25-2020, 04:14 AM
Banned

The bug forum is a tug-of-war between factions, as that thread neatly demonstrates. Dolalin has an agenda, so he submits weak anecdotal evidence in an attempt to persuade Nilbog to make the game "harder" while DMN is left playing rational critic, pointing out the evidence's weakness and supplying stronger evidence to the contrary. If the DMN-archetype tires of his effort, the other faction wins and the server gets customized so manchildren won't have to accept that they were shitters then and shitters now.

WoW private server and Classic players would destroy in-era players; I see no rational reason to believe in-era EQ players would fare any better against us. I sure as hell am a lot better now because information is ready to hand with exponetially less effort.
Old 05-25-2020, 08:08 AM
Banned

You will never stop the black market.

Frankly rmt is Classic I don’t support it but don’t bat an eyelash at it. Been offered real money for my stuff and I can see how enticing a few thousand dollars seems over a pixel. If you’re broke it prolly seems like a gold mine.
Closed Thread