Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2020, 11:40 PM
Large Bat

Default The strongest pet on green

So I've always LOVED pet classes, and in everquest they're the absolute coolest (except for Dark Age of Camelot that had a class where you could have 3 pets and two of them healed you). Anyhow I wanted to get the biggest baddest pet possible so I rolled mage. I was reading through the wiki and came across this.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Pet_Guide#Focus_Items

Whoa! These sound awesome...but the minimum level is 33? Is there any way to get them before level 33? Can I buy one from EC tunnel if I farm enough plat? I'm literally willing to level a druid and sell ports to get enough plat to buy one so my mage experience will be awesome starting at level 4 if that's possible.

Also...anything else that I can use to buff my pet? I know I can give it some weapons (And armor??) but they will only last until the next pet summon. Anything else like focus that a noob like me wouldn't know about? Thanks guys!
Old 05-26-2020, 12:03 AM
Planar Protector

If they’re no drop you can’t trade them so you can’t buy them
Old 05-26-2020, 12:09 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If they’re no drop you can’t trade them so you can’t buy them
Gotcha, that answers my question. Sounds like I don't have to worry about them until I'm 33 then =)
Old 05-26-2020, 12:31 AM
Planar Protector

I choose YOU, queefachoo!

I don't think those quests have minimum levels in actuality, but the min level is just what you should be to reasonably try to get the drops on your own.
Old 05-26-2020, 12:45 AM
Planar Protector

There is no required level on those quests (hardly any quests actually have required levels). You can get the focus items at level 1 if you can buy all 4 turn-in items. They're all available from other players and you can probably put together the plat pretty quickly.

You probably want all four eventually. You could get them in some priority order, like maybe stein shovel torch broom? Or shovel stein broom torch? Whatever pets you use the most, probably.
Old 05-26-2020, 02:20 AM
Aviak

49 earth pet OP asF. Annihilates and with a bit of buffing is just a tanky as the tankiest tank. Throw a DS on him and watch kobolds crumble.
Old 05-26-2020, 02:33 AM
Planar Protector

You can do it early... even untwinked. The broom or stein or whichever focus item you are after mainly costs 200ish pp for the central item of the quest. If you go and farm up a bunch of bone chips (they sell 4-5pp each) you could do it. Or go around grabbing things and reselling (like there is a stein that drops from guards in the feerrott that has a lot of charisma https://wiki.project1999.com/A_Crude_Stein , they rot almost always since they are lore and drop every time).

Or go sell peoples scythes for them in feerrott or offer to exchange silver / gold / platinum from people doing long camps....or bringing people stacks of food in far off places. All this stuff you can do at level 5 (since you need that level to enter some dungeons). Sure you might die, but in the end you will raise the platinum you need.

I'd also hang around cazic thule if I were you, maybe even find someone with an extra they don't need that is rotting (this happens if someone is powerleveling an alt at the gators, the items are lore so they sometimes rot...boom, that's your big cost item out of the way).

The other things are smaller and easier to get (giant toes or things like that you can get by going to the zone and seeing if anyone has an extra....just explain you are on a quest!).

Even showing up to zones and asking nearby people if they could lend a hand slaying something or another usually works. You might have to sit around a while until someone not busy passes nearby, but eventually you can find someone.

I do lots of low level questing. The adventure!! The excitement!!!
Old 05-26-2020, 02:44 AM
Sarnak

I did just what you said. I ported till I had enough plat to buy the items and my mage has had the focus items since around lvl 10.
It's fun to have the biggest....pet.
Old 05-26-2020, 03:57 AM
Sarnak

Nah, you don't have to and should not wait to be in your early 30s to get them. Focused pets will make leveling much faster
Focused fire pet with awesome DS if you fight a single mob, water/earth pet otherwise was the way I went

I got the parts for all 4 focus items when my Mage was 20ish, and I got the Najena parts with my shaman that was 27 or 28 at the time. Died a couple of times to the goblin magicians, then I stuck to DE magicians that are easier to take on without any way to single pull
Old 05-26-2020, 04:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaarsuvius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Focused fire pet with awesome DS if you fight a single mob, water/earth pet otherwise was the way I went
I dunno why the air pet is always last pick!! A stun is sooo powerful.... since it's an active damage mitigation (stopping the enemy from attacking or casting).

In a group that is great. And solo that is great (making up for the lower HPs). And the invis on top of it makes it just a stand-out pet!! For most situations.
Closed Thread