Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 05-09-2010, 09:09 PM
Fire Giant

Hey guys, I finally found you all! You may know me from other places with a Live version of Vert thats been running since 2003 or so.. well now I'm working on a p99 version!

After about 3 mins in game I had this:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I hope to finish it up this week. See you in game!
Old 05-10-2010, 03:05 PM
Fire Giant

Ok Vert UI about 90 - 95% done, no more XML errors when you log in.
Old 05-10-2010, 03:49 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to Xumosa

XD thats awesome thanks alot Savok!
Old 05-10-2010, 06:41 PM
Orc

Awesome, thanks so much for doing this! Can't wait to see the finished results!
Old 05-10-2010, 10:45 PM
Fire Giant

I'm going to go ahead and release the beta (pretty much done except the buff windows, which I'll fix between now and next week).

You can find the download here. Just unzip it in to it's own little folder in the uifiles folder and /loadskin <folder name here> in game, where <folder name here> is what you called it.

Please give me any feedback you may have (positive or negative).
Old 05-10-2010, 10:50 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We need to get people who are good at Ui's to start making these for ingame PP ;]
I'll take PP, I only just found you guys and its so hard to start out from scratch again!
Old 05-10-2010, 10:52 PM
Sarnak

Sweet thanks, but before i download and install whats up with the buff windows? Are they just not skinned? I ask since my main currently is a shammy buffs do matter hehe
Old 05-10-2010, 10:57 PM
Fire Giant

Ok I think the only thing missing, is an actual mana amount either on the target window (where you hp and shit is located), or at least the mana amount shown in the inventory screen. Remove the Evolution, Shrouds and Alt Currency tabs and I think it'll be good to go from there.

Ok, new thing, Spell icons, any way you can revert to the old style? These new ones are making my eyes bleed.

Seriously, every time I see a fucking thread like this OH MYGOD THEY HAD 14 PEOPLE ITS OUR MOB LOL OURS OURS OURS YESSS I just want to fucking deathtouch the entire guild and despawn the mob.
Last edited by Gorgetrapper; 05-10-2010 at 11:00 PM..
Old 05-10-2010, 10:59 PM
Fire Giant

Right. I removed the Live buff window files so that I can tinker around with them and to try to get them perfect - at the moment all they do is load the regular standard buff window.

I'm going to be out of town from Wednesday until next week but wanted to try to get some feedback in.
Old 05-10-2010, 11:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorgetrapper [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok I think the only thing missing, is an actual mana amount either on the target window (where you hp and shit is located), or at least the mana amount shown in the inventory screen. Remove the Evolution, Shrouds and Alt Currency tabs and I think it'll be good to go from there.
The mana (and endurance) amounts are shown in the player window (E and M boxes at the bottom). For the inventory window its a bit of a double edged sword. I can remove the other tabs but then you get an XML error. I am too much of a perfectionist and hate XML errors, but its kind of build in to the code to ask for it.