Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-28-2019, 03:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure when it was, but I remember incidents like this. The check for level was done on your target even for self-only spells. I'd have to either target myself or clear my target in order to cast. Qien wasn't 50+ until well into Velious, possibly Luclin, so I'm not sure if it existed in Kunark era.

-Mcoy
That spell was self-only. I am kind of on the fence about whether or not other self only buffs had similar restrictions.

For example, there are a ton of examples in your Qien file of this:
Quote:
Qien logs:
[Sun Nov 11 00:35:57 2001] Your spell did not take hold.
[Sun Nov 11 00:35:58 2001] You begin casting Chill Sight.
[Sun Nov 11 00:35:58 2001] Your Sorcerer's Wristband begins to glow.
[Sun Nov 11 00:36:01 2001] Wisterian says out of character, 'I am ready'
[Sun Nov 11 00:36:01 2001] Your eyes tingle.
The spell not taking hold is extremely common before you click your Sorcerer's Wristband, making me think self-only clickies required manual self targeting. However, it does give me pause to conclude that as you also owned JBoots and its possible you just had a habit of applying insta-click jboots then Chill Sight immediately after. If you had SoW on you may get the 'Your spell did not take hold.' message from the JBoots.

Do you happen to remember anything like that?

Otherwise I'd need to make another little program to figure out which buffs you had on at the time, but there are so many SPDAT messages it would be a ton of work.

I did notice that you never received any 'Your spell did not take hold.' messages when casting Improved Visibility or Shield of the Magi, which could be by chance, but I doubt it.