Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2019, 03:57 AM
Orc

Well bards are the fastest leveling class in the game via solo swarm kiting. Much faster than any group experience. You can also charm or fear kite very effectively as well. Their whole toolkit of fears, snares, charms, lulls, invis, etc allows for some fun solo dungeon diving.

Once you get higher levels your role in groups will be almost exclusively puller/cc/mana bot. If you like support roles, then you can’t go wrong with a bard.
Old 02-03-2019, 04:06 AM
Planar Protector

As long as you have a decent ping. If you're not so lucky you become an awesome group bard who knows how to put together a good melody [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-04-2019, 12:49 AM
Sarnak

Important to remember that bards still have competition for mobs, even if its often only from other bards.
Old 02-04-2019, 08:47 AM
Planar Protector

Not criticizing, just legitimately curious, is there any reason for a non-raid group to bring a bard over an enchanter?

Never played a bard before, kind of want to make one as an alt, but I don't want to end up in another depressing situation where some other class drastically outshines me in every single one of my non-raid roles. I already have a ranger.

I know from personal experience most of the time when I group with a bard I'm thinking "Man, I wish we had an enchanter instead", but the bards are usually shit and just afk playing manasong
Old 02-04-2019, 09:10 AM
Orc

All things equal having an enchanter is more effective than a bard. Having charmed pet dps, aoe mez, keeping haste and clarity always up wins. But fuck, we’ve been killing the same damn mobs for 20 years. If a bard is competent it’s going to be fine.

That said, I often find myself wishing I had made an enchanter after I spend an hour or two pressing various buttons every four seconds on my bard.
Last edited by Talon; 02-04-2019 at 09:13 AM..
Old 02-04-2019, 01:00 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not criticizing, just legitimately curious, is there any reason for a non-raid group to bring a bard over an enchanter?

Never played a bard before, kind of want to make one as an alt, but I don't want to end up in another depressing situation where some other class drastically outshines me in every single one of my non-raid roles. I already have a ranger.

I know from personal experience most of the time when I group with a bard I'm thinking "Man, I wish we had an enchanter instead", but the bards are usually shit and just afk playing manasong
I'll admit, that's a bit of a shame... but I know the classes aren't balanced in this game and I accept that. Since I doubt I'll ever raid much or take it too seriously, I can't get upset if groups will take an Enchanter over my Bard. My goal is to enjoy the game and not worry about fast leveling (although I admit I did swarm gorge hounds from 18-23, and I actually had a lot of fun doing it).

My next goal is to find a guild with some like-minded people that want to have adventures and explore the less traveled areas... my play time kinda sucks though, I have a 2-month daughter with an odd sleep schedule so I can only really play super late night PST, usually 10 or 11pm til about 1am.
Old 02-04-2019, 01:13 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Bards can be more effective pullers than monks in most situations.
We have the highest DS in the game (stacks with mage & druid too).
Our mana regeneration stacks with enchanter mana regen.
Most of the stats (including +ATK) stacks with enchanter buffs.
We have great CC, especially if we have a little bit of room to move.
If a bard is actually instrument swapping for PBAE songs we can get pretty decent damage rolling as well.

[Mon Feb 04 02:21:52 2019] a phase spider has taken 45 damage from your Denon`s Disruptive Discord.
[Mon Feb 04 02:21:52 2019] a phase spider has taken 75 damage from your Denon`s Bereavement.
[Mon Feb 04 02:21:52 2019] a phase spider has taken 53 damage from your Selo`s Chords of Cessation.
[Mon Feb 04 02:21:52 2019] a phase spider has taken 42 damage from your Chords of Dissonance.

Most of all, they're interesting to play. I have a couple other classes that I mess around with, but bard is the most fun for me.
Old 02-04-2019, 02:13 PM
Planar Protector

If bard mez or charm breaks, they don't insta die like chanters do.
Old 02-04-2019, 06:12 PM
Banned

Bard can pull, hp/mana regen (better than any class), CC, rune,DS, haste,slow,snare, fearkite ,charm adds nonstop if played to full potential... there are definitely situations in group where bard > ench most notably if your group doesn’t have a cleric or torp sham...
Old 02-04-2019, 07:28 PM
Aviak

Echoing what Franswa, Legidias, and Zipity said, and pointing that a bard has more versatility than other classes. So if your group starts out looking like tank/healer/chanter/dps, and your chanter leaves, your bard slides right in. In some configurations, bard regen is all you need for heals. Or a bard can function as a tank (particularly effective when they get AoE snare.) Or can kite in any # of ways.

For those reasons, they ARE the most interesting class to play. You don't always do the same things the same way, like other classes.
Closed Thread