Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2019, 12:05 PM
Kobold

I guess the one thing I don't understand about the patch is the part where it says that it "Universally disabled numerous non-classic UI Windows". All that did was take out the coolest part of the only true classic UI's out there, the one with the paper scroll chat box and smaller viewport. Specifically, the patch took out the "selector window (alt+W)" that really only housed the class icon that would spin every 30 seconds or so, along with basic buttons like "Inventory & Options". Yet there's still non-classic freakshow UI's out there that are still perfectly usable.
Old 09-08-2019, 12:06 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EXCELLENT PATCH!

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=157229

This post was made in 2014, it looks like they've addressed #1 and #9 in this patch. #6 was addressed in a previous patch.

I hope to see the removal of Cycle target hotkey and the chat windows limited to a single chat window in the near future.

Also disabling the scroll wheel from 1st to 3rd person is a huge deal that needs to happen in a future patch. Being able to view your environment more easily make the game too easy. You should need to fumble through various F9 views and pan around to see what you want to see in classic.

Great patch all around though!
Can’t tell if serious or being a troll...
Old 09-08-2019, 12:08 PM
Large Rat

Alt+O will still bring up the options window.

Last time i quit due to some "this is not classic"-changes was in 2011 when target rings and spell sets went away. This time around i had just gotten back started enjoying the game again and game gets another head shot.

I doubt the majority of players even played this early in the games history and never saw the game in the state it's reverting back to. It's like devs entire goal with the project is to make everyone else suffer like they suffered the first 2 years of EQ.

Honestly, without the ability to box the game will never be classic, beat the crap out of convenience functions all you want.
Next i can see them next introduce a client side application, that will stop the game from starting if you have computer hardware newer than 2001.

Instead of bringing back the good memories of EQ back in the days, P99 gradually brings back more and more of the bad stuff of original EQ. Up untill now i was looking forward to Green, that kinda went away.
Old 09-08-2019, 12:09 PM
Sarnak

I must say, some of these changes may be "classic" but they're garbage. No pet window? What does that have to do with anything?
Old 09-08-2019, 12:19 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpape [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What about the Surefall Glade ports? They were technically implemented at this time with the TGB ability on the same patch I believe
Correct - they're now available on select vendors, I added to patch notes.
Old 09-08-2019, 12:21 PM
Fire Giant

If you played classic UI like you should have been on a classic server people wouldn't be crying.
Old 09-08-2019, 12:24 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you played classic UI like you should have been on a classic server people wouldn't be crying.
Have you been refraining from linking items and clicking item links and using the mouse scroll wheel as well to truly honor the intentions of the classic server?
Old 09-08-2019, 12:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbouya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This patch was bad timing for me, getting rid of my UI and in turn getting rid of the freaking options menu button... was bad timing since I just got a new monitor. For anyone else having this problem press alt-o.

For the developers, I think you need to put the menu button back in the game, it doesn't matter if it isn't classic, because I need the menu button to do things like change my resolution.

Even if the menu button gives a competitive option it's going to be something new players need in order to get the game to display on their machine properly at all. I managed to crash the game entirely like 5 times before I got my resolution and windowed mode sorted out slash fixed.
http://wiki.project1999.com/User_Int...ndowed.22_Mode

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-08-2019, 12:34 PM
Fire Giant

Nice job, devs.

What is TGB?

EDIT: OH!! Toggle group buff ?? That's nice ~
Last edited by mischief419; 09-08-2019 at 12:48 PM..
Old 09-08-2019, 12:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Correct - they're now available on select vendors, I added to patch notes.
Woot, so very glad to be wrong about that one (and surprised it took Lucy three months to figure out the spell had been added? By Luclin? They were well-established by then.)

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread