Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2014, 11:20 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Bat Fur Quest

According to this guide on the Project 1999 wiki, turning in a [fire beetle eye], [rat whiskers], and [bat fur] to "Caleah Herblender" will result in a faction increase with The Order of Three. I have tried giving Caleah every combination of bat fur, fire beetle eyes, and rat whiskers and nothing happens, she just eats my items i spent hours farming. I think this is a bug? Any help would be appreciated, thank you!
Old 10-05-2014, 11:34 AM
Project Manager

This quest was not multiquestable.

Pending update,
-Rewrote Caleah Herblender's quest as multiquestable. It also requires apprehensive or better faction.
Old 10-06-2014, 05:18 PM
Kobold

I did this quest several times on P99 and it requires 2 rat whiskers, 1 bat fur, and 1 fire beetle eye.
Old 10-07-2014, 10:15 AM
Project Manager

I saw it was written that way, and left it.

However, after reviewing the quest on allakhazam, the intermediate turn in text is:

Quote:
Caleah Herblender says 'All right. Remember, I need all three ingredients to test this spell out. Keep up the good work, ______.'
Caleah Herblender says 'All right. Remember, I need all three ingredients to test this spell out. Keep up the good work, ______.'
Caleah Herblender says 'Hmm. Good job, ______, let's give this a try. Flame and fire. Heat and spark. Touch of Ro, light this dark! Ahh. It stills needs a little work, I guess. Thanks for your help, here's a little something for your effort.'
So it looks like 3 turn ins. Not to say someone couldn't have left one of the components on there, but it's probably 3?
Old 10-07-2014, 10:51 AM
Kobold

Probably so. I wondered about this myself when I did it. I would expect someone on alla to post about it needing 2 whiskers and no one has.
Old 10-07-2014, 09:16 PM
Fire Giant

from what i remember its 2 whiskers

-------------------------------------------------------------
Nilbog:

" I'll keep making classic changes when I can, regardless if people threaten to quit. I'm here to recreate classic eq; not to make people happy."
Old 10-07-2014, 10:20 PM
Kobold

http://web.archive.org/web/200108240...html?quest=502

OP says "Giving all 3 items"

Comment says "Just go after the Fire Beetles if you want to save some money then get a stack of the other two components" And said he did it several times.
Old 07-24-2019, 04:57 PM
Aviak

This quest is broken. Giving her a bat fur, a rat whisker, and a fire beetle eye results in her saying:

Quote:
[Wed Jul 24 16:43:14 2019] Caleah Herblender says 'All right. Remember, I need all three ingredients to test this spell out. Keep up the good work, Buggo'
[Wed Jul 24 16:43:14 2019] Caleah Herblender says 'All right. Remember, I need all three ingredients to test this spell out. Keep up the good work, Buggo'
Giving her the additional rat whisker results in:
Code:
Caleah Herblender says 'Hmm. Good job, Buggo, let's give this a try. Flame and fire. Heat and spark. Touch of Ro, light this dark! Ahh. It stills needs a little work, I guess. Thanks for your help, here's a little something for your effort.
No faction, no "little something."

Also, she randomly says
Quote:
Caleah Herblender says 'Hmm.. Let's see if we can find someone to help replenish our stock of [rat whiskers] and [bat fur]. I need these items for a new little experiment I'm working on.'
Asking about rat whiskers or bat fur results in:
Quote:
Caleah Herblender says, 'You can probably find some outside the city gates... in the hills and plains.'
There is no mention of a third ingredient, the fire beetle eye.
Old 07-27-2019, 11:11 PM
Developer

The issue was the quest reward text worked even if your faction wasn't apprehensive or better. Fixed, pending update.