Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2022, 09:27 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balimon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pets definitely need DS at the the bare minimum, chaining an earth pet without DS is pointless, it will just die without doing any damage. I'm not sure why you are bringing up some obscure way to kill a raid mob, that wouldn't even work. You would need to chain summon fire pets with the innate DS to do what you're taking about.

I understand how the mechanics used to work just fine, I had a mage then too, even if that was still the case the earth pet would need a DS. Also I'd like to point out that post 55/57 you need to haste the pets as well to keep up with mob HP. I'm not sure what you're trying to argue at this point
You know that the Mage pets can do damage without a DS right? The DS is not the only way for a pet to damage a mob. This might be surprising to you, but the Mage pets will hit things. You should try it without DS. They can still kill mobs without that damage shield.
Old 02-20-2022, 10:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by long.liam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You know that the Mage pets can do damage without a DS right? The DS is not the only way for a pet to damage a mob. This might be surprising to you, but the Mage pets will hit things. You should try it without DS. They can still kill mobs without that damage shield.
I think you should try playing a mage before making all these broad statements without any firsthand knowledge. I'm trying to explain how things actually work in the game, compared to how you think they should or how you heard they did.

[ Kurrat - Arch Mage ]
[ Kurrate - Crusader ]
<Legacy of Fire>

Old 02-20-2022, 11:19 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balimon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think you should try playing a mage before making all these broad statements without any firsthand knowledge. I'm trying to explain how things actually work in the game, compared to how you think they should or how you heard they did.
Ok. Nice counter argument. Clearly you have nothing more to add to this debate.
Old 02-21-2022, 12:48 AM
Kobold

Quote:
I apologize for my earlier statement. I got a little upset and I felt like I was being attacked. I've been told before I have anger issues and I'm trying to work on them. I concede that perhaps I don't know everything there is about the Mage class and perhaps other people may know more than I do. If I post again, I will try to include some actual concrete in game data and not round about statements or conjecture.
Old 02-21-2022, 08:40 AM
Sarnak

Why so little love for the 59 Air Pet ?
It's tanky enough that I've almost never felt like reverting to the 57 Earth Pet, even more so with the PoS focus staff.
Just spend a couple hours in Droga or a caster heavy zones with both pet and enjoy. Stunned mobs >> rooted mobs IMO

If I just need a meat shield, I guess I'll use MSIII over Earth pet for the added HPs
Old 02-22-2022, 12:28 PM
Planar Protector

Its the same for Necros and the Monk pet we get at 56. Basically no reason to use it ever. The 49 warrior pet tanks better, the 53 rogue pet does far more damage, and the EoT at 60 can tank and damage well while also winning fashion quest.

I guess you could make an arguement that the Monk pet would be of a higher level from 56-59 buts over all pretty worthless compared to the 53 pet and 60 pet
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Last edited by Bardp1999; 02-22-2022 at 12:31 PM..
Old 02-22-2022, 08:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by long.liam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I apologize for my earlier statement. I got a little upset and I felt like I was being attacked. I've been told before I have anger issues and I'm trying to work on them. I concede that perhaps I don't know everything there is about the Mage class and perhaps other people may know more than I do. If I post again, I will try to include some actual concrete in game data and not round about statements or conjecture.
Thank you, I apologize if I came off as attacking you. I just love to debate this stuff, and I was trying to explain that you're right to a point. But after a certain mob level the 49 earth just doesn't cut it anymore and is inefficient. The 49 pet spells are ridiculously overpowered.

[ Kurrat - Arch Mage ]
[ Kurrate - Crusader ]
<Legacy of Fire>

Old 02-22-2022, 08:50 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaarsuvius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why so little love for the 59 Air Pet ?
It's tanky enough that I've almost never felt like reverting to the 57 Earth Pet, even more so with the PoS focus staff.
Just spend a couple hours in Droga or a caster heavy zones with both pet and enjoy. Stunned mobs >> rooted mobs IMO

If I just need a meat shield, I guess I'll use MSIII over Earth pet for the added HPs
The 59 air pet is money. If you have the focus staff he tanks much better than the 57 earth in my opinion because of the monk class. I've done a small bit of testing and unfocused it has 2500 hp and focused it 3000 hp or so, the stun is amazing. The only issue is no bash, only the earth/epic pet is a warrior post 50.

I used focused air exclusively solo and small group ( and even in hate or fear ) until epic. Focused water is great DPS, but I always enjoyed the utility more on air. I tested it first on seafuries in OoT when I was leveling up, comparing the 53 air to 54 water. The air generally ended the fight with more HP and since there's no backstabs it's hard to see the difference in DPS, it was counter intuitive considering the stuns are useless on those mobs. You can see the difference between 57 earth and 59 air really well on Suits on WL, the air handles itself much better.

[ Kurrat - Arch Mage ]
[ Kurrate - Crusader ]
<Legacy of Fire>

Closed Thread