Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2016, 09:18 AM
Large Rat

Default Non twink enchanter spell and gear questions.

So I recently hit lvl 12 finished my stein of Moggok quest and pick up a crude stein during. I am currently doing even lvls solo and odd lvls in a group to learn both mechanics. I like to purchase the next set of spells before I hit the lvl so I can spend any extra money on gear. Does anyone have a link to the total cost of chanter spells per lvl?
I've been told to just save all money until high levels to buy expensive gear, but is there any gear I can purchase around my lvl that would be worthwhile to purchase?
Thanks in advance!
Parthais lvl 12 high elf enchanter.
Old 05-23-2016, 10:52 AM
Banned

Opalline earrings x2, gypsy medallin, Jc made rings and wrists, siren scale robe/robe of ishva.

At lvl 30 do rod of insidious glamour quest. Nice clicky for indoors and has good cha.
Old 05-23-2016, 10:34 PM
Large Rat

Been wisp farming korvack pop'd and I killed him no gypsy medallion about 10 minutes later another chanter asked if I'd seen him, I told him I had and would let him know if I saw him. He spawned a few minutes later I let him get the kill and he medallion dropped lol!
Old 05-25-2016, 04:08 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtip [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Opalline earrings x2, gypsy medallin, Jc made rings and wrists, siren scale robe/robe of ishva.

At lvl 30 do rod of insidious glamour quest. Nice clicky for indoors and has good cha.
Read the wiki about the rod quest - does on have to be a delf to complete it?
Old 05-25-2016, 04:34 PM
Sarnak

The rod should be the number thing you focus on getting, even at 57 I use it all the time to reset the global spellbar timer. Its use shines when you can stun a mob and charm it back quickly without having to wait those seconds in between, saving you for getting stunned back and/or losing hp.
Old 06-12-2016, 10:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by leFuZz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Read the wiki about the rod quest - does on have to be a delf to complete it?
Can be any race as long as you have decent solro temple faction. If you're unlucky with the shadowed men drops you should kill enough to alleviate that issue anyways.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 06-12-2016, 11:45 AM
Planar Protector

TLDR: buy cheap charisma and int gear when you can afford it, so long as you have enough plat to spare for the spells below and some simple components for rune and bind wound and stuff. Even the cheap gear will work well at higher levels, at which point you can go solo/group better items for yourself without paying or you can farm plat and buy the gear you want.

Gear for enchanter can be very cheap to still be very effective. I'd ignore the charisma robe advice and get an int/mp robe when you can afford it though. Pretty efficient charisma gear (cheap per point of charisma) is available for most gear slots (ears (opaline), neck (gypsy medallion), face (JC or incandescent), fingers (JC), wrists (JC), legs (drakehide), boots (loam) primary (rod of insidious), secondary (crude Stein)). A few slots it's better to get into gear for imo, like robe (tola), range (charisma hard to get at all) arms (gatorscale), waist (braided cinch, giants reminder), head (runes cowl). Use http://wiki.project1999.com/Category...nter_Equipment and look at the different slots for the pieces that look the best and are the cheapest; it's some work, but it's a good use of time imo.

Velious might have better gear options for cheap still, be it even if not at least velious gear pushed down prices on a lot of these basic enchanter items. It might take a few thousand plat and some questing before you're not wearing any cloth anymore, but it's still easier to get reasonable gear for a chanter than most other classes. The stuff I recommend above lasted my first chanter on p99 to 60 (and then some).

Spells? Not even half of them are "required" imo. Here are ones I wouldn't want to be without to cover solo and group play:

1 - lull (for when you have spread-out mobs and don't need a long lull, this saves mana), pendril's animation (use pets to XP until you get charm), shallow breath (start with), minor shielding (start with)
4 - color flux (very short stun duration but still lets you get off a mez after using it if you have a clicky to refresh spell gems), gate, invisibility, mesmerize (i use this or the level 16 AOE mez for 95% of my mezzing all the way to 60), juli's animation, suffocating sphere (finishing off stuff solo for full xp - more efficient than nukes), tashan
8 - bind sight (omg such an amazing spell to scout with in dungeons), chaotic feedback, illusion: gnome (lets you see through walls and maneuver more easily in tight quarters), lesser shielding (always nice to upgrade shielding for a few hp and ac, most importantly for magic resist), mircyl's animation, root (I use this root spell exclusively until PE, still use it sometimes once I get PE when I know I don't need a long root, and don't stop using it permanently until Fetter), see invisible
12 - bind affinity, charm, choke, memory blur (not too useful at lower levels but sometimes you still want to clear aggro on something instead of zoning or camping or whatever)
16 - breeze, invisibility versus undead, mesmerization (you'll resist your own mesmerizaton pretty often with shielding and endure/resist magic, and you become immune to it at 56 or something, and you often can move away from enemies and cast it without risk of hitting yourself in groups or after a stun), quickness (for groups or hasting pet when you need to kill something tough), rune I (since you can't heal (even bind wound is better than troll illusion imo) it's important to avoid taking as many hits to your HP as possible, plus runes give you extra buffer to survive when you get charm breaks or resists), sanity warp, shielding
20 - calm (awesome, awesome, awesome), color shift (possibly the best overall stun), endure magic (getting hit by your own ae mez is bad, and so is getting feared, stunned, rooted, snared, charmed, etc. by NPCs), sympathetic aura, tashani
24 - alacrity, beguile, chaos flux, major shielding, rune II, tepid deeds (don't use it much at lower levels but 40+ it is quite effective for fast cast and low-ish mana - it's my favorite slow even at 60 for most fights)
29 - augmentation (saves on mana in groups), clarity, illusion: air elemental (long-duration levitate with no component cost), illusion: water elemental (long-duration enduring breath with no component cost)
34 - anarchy, greater shielding, radiant visage, rune III (my favorite rune, keep it up 24/7 unless you have cleric buffs+heals, and even then jaspers are cheap so use it when you have mana... useful even at higher levels if you don't want to pay peridots for rune IV or V)
39 - cajoling whispers, celerity, resist magic
44 - arch shielding, boon of the garou (help those warriors proc their aggro weapons - tell not to play in first person and suck it up), color skew, discordant mind, rune IV (need it just for tough fights esp. soloing named stuff but don't use it regularly instead of rune III imo), shiftless deeds (much stronger slow at max than tepid but very slow cast and higher mana cost), tashania (it's a quest to get it but it is worth it)
49 - adorning grace, allure, berserker spirit (short-duration mini-rune - important for soloing something nasty), blanket of forgetfulness (aoe mem blur is great, though if it doesnt blur everything they'll just assist back onto you again), dazzle (nice long mez for situational use, such as keeping a caster NPC mezzed while you med up to be able to handle him), group resist magic, paralyzing earth (lasts so long! expensive and slow-casting compared to root though, so use root if you don't actually need 2+ minutes of root or if the thing will break early anyway cause of level/resists/getting nuked), swift like the wind (i generally prefer casting augmentation line if possible though)

And by 50 hopefully you have it all figured out anyway, or at least can afford all the spells you think you might want in the same vein as the suggestions above. A big part of why chanters get so strong at higher levels is because they can leverage low-level spells to accomplish a lot against higher-levle targets. Root, mesmerize, mesmerization, tepid deeds, low-level stuns, mem blur, calm... tash levels up but is cheap to cast... those are pretty much your most important spells besides charm and runes, and since they're mostly low-level their mana cost is a drop in the bucket by 50+ (let alone 54+ with c2 and ToT) and you'll hardly ever fizzle them and they cast fast, etc.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 06-12-2016 at 12:15 PM..
Old 06-14-2016, 03:03 PM
Fire Giant

From 12-16 you can solo wisps, either in Erud's Crossing or NK. Quest with Greater lightstones and sell the concordance, vendor normal lightstones. Not difficult to end up with ~600p from this alone. From 16-19 you can (try to) move to Sisters in LFay and sell the bronze for another ~600p. If you feel like a trip, you can do giants in Warsilik's Wood from 19-30 and depending on your luck (Giant lord tunics, forest loops) walk away with quite a bit of cash. Otherwise money potential drops off from here (at least that I remember), but Exp should always be your main focus anyways.

Lots of places to solo for casters to make good start-up plat. Bonus for Enchanters since +Cha gear is very cheap, you can get to 200cha for ~3-4k these days I bet.

Incandescent mask and gloves: Quests from Temple of Sol Ro, most of these can be done pretty low if you are adventurous and can find someone already killing Shadow men.

Edit to add: If you need any words/research spells let me know, I keep all Ench pages I find between characters and should have copies of most low level research spells. I can't suggest any gear/spells that Tecmos hasn't already, but above outlines easy places to make some start-up plat. Good luck!
Last edited by Crawdad; 06-14-2016 at 03:16 PM..
Old 06-14-2016, 03:12 PM
Planar Protector

At the earliest levels the 5/55 ac/hp rings are pretty cool for any class. You mentioned you are doing some groups to learn your class role. This suggests that mistakes may be made. Having a big pool of hp/ac will help you survive these mistakes.
Old 06-14-2016, 03:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At the earliest levels the 5/55 ac/hp rings are pretty cool for any class. You mentioned you are doing some groups to learn your class role. This suggests that mistakes may be made. Having a big pool of hp/ac will help you survive these mistakes.
Personally I don't care much for those rings when leveling up. It sounds nice to say that more hp means you have more wiggle room for when mistakes are made (or luck is bad)... but if you're in a group, you almost certainly have extra buffs and heals anyways... and if you're solo it seems to me more often than not if you lose all but <110 of your hit points you are usually still going to die anyways. There are some times they will be the difference maker, but there are other times that having more mana or more charisma will be the difference maker too.

I get that I'm in the minority of chanters who prefer to whore on charisma instead of balancing with hit points while leveling though.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 06-14-2016 at 03:27 PM..
Closed Thread