Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2016, 10:36 AM
Large Rat

Default Need help to stop playing my chanter like a magician.

So I've leveled up to 17, with a combination of grouping and solo, but I'm finding that when I solo now I end up having to play like a magician with pet tanking and dd/debuff spells which isn't very mana efficient, but when I try and charm and fight I end up wrecked is there a good zone around my lvl that has good mobs to practice/learn the ropes on? I'm bouncing between unrest for group and the gorge of King xorbb for soloing. I've read the guides so I know the theory behind charm fighting. Not being a dark elf or having a Goblin ring isn't helping either. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance.
Old 06-01-2016, 11:27 AM
Planar Protector

Are you slowing the mobs? If you're not they will chew through your summon pet.
use this: http://wiki.project1999.com/Languid_Pace

Also make sure your pet is hasted.
use this: http://wiki.project1999.com/Quickness

East Karana is the #1 spot for enchanters at the level 17 range. You wont even need a pet if you know what to do.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 06-01-2016, 02:58 PM
Large Rat

Here's my solo with pet routine, pull with tash let mob hit my rune shield pet usually has a couple hits and taunt in. We he has aggo I slow, then dot mob, med until mob is 25-20% then dd. Pet has quickness, strength and mist. I've not had any trouble with blues or whites. Yellows wreck my pet. It just doesn't seem very mana efficient.
Old 06-01-2016, 04:01 PM
Planar Protector

I'd skip the dot all together.

as far as the rest i usually just risked it and pulled with a slow. the first thing to cause agro on a mob is only 1 point of agro so it will literally turn to your pet after the first attack.

The major issue of your efficiency is the white/yellow mobs. the exp they give versus a dark blue is not worth the extra effort. follow the suggestions and find an area with plentiful dark blues.

It's also good to keep in mind that enchanters as a whole are pretty much terrible until level 29. After that things change drastically. Before that is just hanging in there.

Level 29 brings you clarity, a better and more efficient haste spell, and a damage shield that is really good for the level. it changes the game.
Last edited by -Catherin-; 06-01-2016 at 04:06 PM..
Old 06-01-2016, 07:37 PM
Planar Protector

I'd say the most important things to know is:

Always keep the target rooted.
Go after low blues, sometimes high blues w you have more experience.
Know the area you are charming in rather well.
try minimize yourchance/tume of being hit in the face by sitting far enough away you can qucikyl stand mez/root and recharm.
Closed Thread