Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 09-09-2019, 03:53 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by erlkoenig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just to add - if you previously used Wineskin and want to use Wine Stable instead, here are the exact steps:

1. Download the Wine Stable .pkg from the above link, and install
2. Click "Wine Stable" from Launcher. Approve all the permission pop-ups
3. In the terminal that pops up, navigate to the directory with your P99.app (or whatever you named the Wineskin app for EQ)
4. Go into P99.app, it's a directory. Inside, go to drive_c/Program Files/Sony/EverQuest
5. Run EQ with `wine eqgame.exe patchme`

You can make a shortcut icon if you figure out where Wine Stable put its executable, just with the command `<full path to wine> <full path to eqgame.exe> patchme`
I'm receiving
FINAL Couldn't open or read UIFiles\default\EQLSUI.xml
Nothing is read only or access restricted. Files from latest patch are there.
Old 09-09-2019, 04:05 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by draconov [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Going to try wine stable tonight. I haven't updated anything yet. Erlko, this works regarless of the OS or do I have to update to Mojave? I think I am still using High Sierra.
Can’t speak to that, I only have Mojave. I would be optimistic, though, assuming EQ worked before the patch and you’re using Wine Stable.
Last edited by erlkoenig; 09-09-2019 at 04:08 PM..
Old 09-09-2019, 04:08 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadOnly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm receiving
Nothing is read only or access restricted. Files from latest patch are there.
Hmm, new one on me. You’ve double-checked that that file exists, with the logged file name capitalization? I don’t think it should matter, but you could also make sure you’re running wine from the EverQuest directory (where eqgame.exe is located) instead of from another directory. Might be a relative file path thing.
Old 09-09-2019, 04:21 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by erlkoenig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hmm, new one on me. You’ve double-checked that that file exists, with the logged file name capitalization? I don’t think it should matter, but you could also make sure you’re running wine from the EverQuest directory (where eqgame.exe is located) instead of from another directory. Might be a relative file path thing.
Well hot damn. That was it, relative path. I ran the WineStable app, cd'd to the EQ directory, then it ran no problem. Thanks for the insight!
Old 09-09-2019, 05:01 PM
Aviak

I tried the wine stable process, and it just goes to a white screen (about the size of EQ in windowed mode through wineskin). The white screen just hangs and wont let any other window or program display over it. An EQ icon appears at the bottom and is titled "wine pre-loader"
Old 09-09-2019, 05:03 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusick [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I tried the wine stable process, and it just goes to a white screen (about the size of EQ in windowed mode through wineskin). The white screen just hangs and wont let any other window or program display over it. An EQ icon appears at the bottom and is titled "wine pre-loader"
Are you running eqgame.exe with the "patchme" modifier?
Old 09-09-2019, 05:10 PM
Aviak

Yes. However, Im not sure I'm doing it right, as I do not know how to navigate to eqgame through wine. Im just dragging the icon into the terminal, which adds the entire file path, then adding patchme after. I sent you a PM if you wouldn't mind walking me through it.
Old 09-09-2019, 05:15 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusick [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes. However, Im not sure I'm doing it right, as I do not know how to navigate to eqgame through wine. Im just dragging the icon into the terminal, which adds the entire file path, then adding patchme after. I sent you a PM if you wouldn't mind walking me through it.
No need for PMs, other people may have this issue as well.

Navigate to your EQ directory in Finder, find the eqgame.exe file.

When you run WineStable it opens a terminal window, correct?

In terminal, type "cd" then drag the eqgame.exe file from Finder into terminal. Press enter.

Then type wine (space) then drag eqgame.exe again, then space, then patchme. Then enter.
Old 09-09-2019, 05:17 PM
Aviak

Yea, that’s what I’m doing. Getting hung up at pre-loader.
Old 09-09-2019, 05:21 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Yea, that’s what I’m doing. Getting hung up at pre-loader.
You're cd'ing into the directory first?