Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2019, 11:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The vast, vast, majority of us would love to see Luclin or Planes of Power someday, for instance.
Not me. That rubbish drove me out of the game once and it'd drive me away again.

-------------------------------------------------

Don't see what the big deal is about the pet window. Can't say the wife or I even noticed a difference on our usual SK/SHM duo. Charm classes were arguably nerfed slightly by it (no more immediate warning of charm break) but I suspect that was part of the point.

-------------------------------------------------

Really like the more classic-ish character select area. Now we need the map and difficulty page at character creation (and Humans need to start with a candle).

Greater Faydark, on my machine, now appears to have a normal non-fog sky but retains the short fog-zone clip plane. Hence it looks pretty bad. I haven't had a chance to check it on the wife's PC yet.

Danth
Old 09-10-2019, 12:16 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mewse [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
/thread

I don't like the patch personally, but I can either adjust or move on. They're not asking for opinions, and it's good to keep that in mind. This isn't even my favorite era, but it's the only server out there that feels like EverQuest.

Old 09-10-2019, 12:17 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah, not sure that even a simple majority of the playerbase desires Luclin/PoP much less a vast, vast majority.
Old 09-10-2019, 12:17 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rangers being garbage is as classic as it gets
Nerf pet track, I say! Make Rangers Relevant Again
Old 09-10-2019, 12:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I honestly believe 99+% of this server is not as in love with the classic era as R&N are. The vast, vast, majority of us would love to see Luclin or Planes of Power someday, for instance.
lmfao this is incredibly wrong even by the skyscraper-like standard set by your exalted achievements in the field of being wrong about things.

every time this has come up the answer has been a resounding NO THANK YOU
Last edited by zodium; 09-10-2019 at 12:39 PM..
Old 09-10-2019, 12:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not me. That rubbish drove me out of the game once and it'd drive me away again.
Certainly some players <3 the classic era too. I'm just saying most don't, and certainly not anywhere close to as much as R&N do (eg. some might claim that they "hate cats on the moon", but you take their pet window away and look out! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.])

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, not sure that even a simple majority of the playerbase desires Luclin/PoP much less a vast, vast majority.
There have been many, many polls over the years. I'm lazy, but you can easily find them if you want.

Of course, different polls are worded differently, and were done at different times, so please can we not argue over exactly what % want Luclin and what % don't? My point is, if this were a democracy, we'd have Luclin ... and yet ... even though the creators of this project are "bucking the will of the majority" ... even though they're limiting people and not letting them have their full EverQuest nostalgia experience ... everyone still LOVES this place!

I think that's because, even though it doesn't have Luclin or PoP, and even though most players do remember (and likely pine for) Luclin/PoP, P99 resembles their memories more than any other server in existence today does, live or emulated.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 09-10-2019 at 12:55 PM..
Old 09-10-2019, 12:57 PM
Orc

Default Patch

Well I started a new monk on the blue server. I am not sure what was done in the patch to make the mob hit harder and the monk gets crushed by a bat, snake and skellies. The deathfist pawns smashed me to. I never got smashed like that ever in my eq experience. What ever you did. Messed up the game play bad. Now the new ui does not look good at all. The functionality stinks. You can't move the spells you have casted on you. My self liked the older ui. Which I think represents the older game.
Old 09-10-2019, 01:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
every time this has come up the answer has been a resounding NO THANK YOU
Ten seconds or so of googling found these (I didn't "cherry-pick", and I'm sure there are many more if anyone wants to look):

Again, maybe my 99% was too high, although I still submit that the player community is not the same as the forum community, and again I suspect the latter is more "pro-classic" than the former.

BUT NONE OF THAT MATTERS, because my point is not "most players want Luclin/PoP, so P99 should have it." My point is, most players want Luclin/PoP but stay here, happily, anyways, because even though it doesn't give them exactly what they want, this server does give them the closest thing.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 09-10-2019 at 01:11 PM..
Old 09-10-2019, 01:16 PM
Planar Protector

As a matter of historic trivia, if P99 was a democracy then it'd have been launched as a multi-box PvP server. That's what was winning the public polls during the pre-launch period as I recall. I think we can safely agree that P99 is better off for its administrators sticking to their own plans. Personally, I don't love classic so much as I detest Planes of Power. Hate hate hate that expansion. Kunark/Velious have their faults but I can live with 'em. They'd be better still if those faults were addressed, but that was never the point here.

If it were up to me at the very least I'd deal with things like rampant Soulfire abuse and vendor-based item recharging for 'green.' I think those can safely be counted among nominally classic features that have grown rather out of control.

Danth
Last edited by Danth; 09-10-2019 at 01:18 PM..
Old 09-10-2019, 01:26 PM
Skeleton

Default Character is missing from my list

I just noticed I lost a character with the new patch It was not on my list., It was a high lev one. How do i get it back
Last edited by Zarr; 09-10-2019 at 01:28 PM..
Closed Thread