Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2022, 06:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by realsubtle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Um but i do not like the luclin character models...
You can play without them on TAKP.
Old 01-05-2022, 07:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tewaz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Luclin and PoP no box on a better client would be insane.
more like insane to still call it EQ by that point. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

..but many didn't experience original eq and joined later during these expansions.
Old 01-05-2022, 07:46 PM
Banned

Luclin and pop both fundamentally suck because the engine changed so severely that it visually dates them to "HEY LOOK it's NEW everquest!" even if you turn off the weird downs syndrome player and horse models. The zones have that weird blurry-far-away texture blending and every zone has big generic mountain walls. Shoot all the horses in the head also.

Once you move a fantasy genre to the moon, even if it's just the moon of the fantasy planet itself, it starts treading into wonky sci-fi territory and fuck all that cartoon nonsense. This is why the flying saucer in qeynos has always sucked shit and felt out of place since 1999; it's a complete thematic mismatch.

You have the stoic Tribunal in Halas and the deep lore of the McMarrin's and then like three zones over it's wacky UFO circus town in qeynos.
Last edited by Ooloo; 01-05-2022 at 07:51 PM..
Old 01-05-2022, 10:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Luclin and pop both fundamentally suck because the engine changed so severely that it visually dates them to "HEY LOOK it's NEW everquest!" even if you turn off the weird downs syndrome player and horse models. The zones have that weird blurry-far-away texture blending and every zone has big generic mountain walls. Shoot all the horses in the head also.

Once you move a fantasy genre to the moon, even if it's just the moon of the fantasy planet itself, it starts treading into wonky sci-fi territory and fuck all that cartoon nonsense. This is why the flying saucer in qeynos has always sucked shit and felt out of place since 1999; it's a complete thematic mismatch.

You have the stoic Tribunal in Halas and the deep lore of the McMarrin's and then like three zones over it's wacky UFO circus town in qeynos.
You wanna see some crazy lookin shit, I wish I could log on my old level 115 live EQ accounts. My necro and mage were both on flying winged Pegasus horses (most expensive and fastest mount in the shop at the time), with many different illusions for both their pets. My necro’s epic 2.5 (despite being like 10 expansions old it was still BiS then because no other weapon gave +crit chance to DoTs) re-skinned to look like this awesome magical space mace

I just don’t want to spend $30 (two 1 month subs), just to log them on to take a pic. Sometimes I miss them though, man they were geared to the teeth. All raid gear in every slot, since I played on FV all raid gear was tradeable and the previous expansion’s raid gear was cheap
Old 01-06-2022, 12:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nah he was just humiliated when he threw a tantrum about Horza now he goes by Ooloo to push his political view.
that's baler?

no wonder he's so annoying

glad i have him on ignore list already
Old 01-06-2022, 08:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
380!
Closed Thread