Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2022, 05:02 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by damaddar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
DS seems attractive at first but youll spend too much recovering (even with fungi), then if you are slowing the mobs it's not that great. Maybe if you have lots of raid gear DS would be more enjoyable. Still id focus on maxing it with dain ring/bathezid ring/singing steel bracer/DS pots still. With haste i'd rather rely on epic / tunare/koi proc and lute of the howler than singing a song. so i'd just twist DoTs and hp regen.

at 51 i would do hymn, selos chord of cessation (48 pbae dot/slow), chant of flame, chant of frost, potentially fufils as well.

then at 60 you get assonance which lasts a minute, and you can do denons bereavement, cessation, flame, and frost, with regen handy as well.

selos, hymn/cantata, charm, flame chant, frost chant, denons bereavement, assonance, another DoT or pbae snare.

if you don't need selo's or don't want to charm, mem song of twilight instead

Ideally you are swapping VP lute / drums of the beast / efreeti horn / breath of harmony in if you feel like being a try hard, but that gets old very fast. Epic is great because you can be lazy with acceptable results so if you had to pick between white scales and tunare/koi i'd grab epic, but if you are going to instrument swap it doesnt really matter. If you really like maxing your DS then the singing mod from epic is important as well.
Thanks, appreciate the detailed answer. Any reason why you recommend Selo's Cessation which is a 18% slow around low 50's vs Selo's Consonant Chain which is low 30% slow? I get that Cessation has the dot but wouldn't an extra 12%+ attack speed slow be better for single target melee fights?
Old 01-06-2022, 06:14 PM
Large Bat

yeah you're right, snare is probably overall better, especially indoors, and probably honestly more dps from keeping you meleeing longer with raid weapons. I usually use the 59 pbae song and didnt have to consider trading damage for snare/slow anymore, so in your case 51 you can just use fufils slightly lower damage.

if you're soloing, at some point you'll likely have to heal/regen up, so you can transition into fear kiting or chant kiting, fearing is great whenever you can because dots do full damage and you can keep meleeomg so that's where that suggestion was coming from, but honestly the difference between dot damage is very little.
Last edited by damaddar; 01-06-2022 at 06:21 PM..
Closed Thread