Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2021, 12:06 AM
Banned

Last unethical one I can think of, involves lying:

Walk to gas station, ask to speak to police. Let them know you are trying to escape a domestic violence relationship. Say that your bf/gf beats you physically and you fear they may try to kill you when you leave them. You don’t want to report too specific of threats, not enough to where police are going to want to investigate the abuser (who doesn’t exist)

The goal is to be suggested assistance to a domestic violence shelter tonight. These could be available in your state and are much much nicer than emergency shelters although they may be full, because unfortunately people do lie like this to abuse them for shelter
Old 05-28-2021, 12:29 AM
Planar Protector

unsunghero apparently calls the police as their solution.
"Help me i'm homeless and poor, boo-hoo"

dude it's 1 week, volunteer for food or talk with the locals for shelter. Don't just call the police and tell them you're going to play on the highway. jesus christ man.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 05-28-2021, 12:36 AM
Banned

Just kill a man and replace his life, how hard is this
Old 05-28-2021, 12:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

dude it's 1 week, volunteer for food or talk with the locals for shelter. Don't just call the police and tell them you're going to play on the highway. jesus christ man.
I wouldn’t, but I see dozens and dozens of people per year who do in my job. You think I just pull this stuff out of my ass? This is all stuff homeless people do, on the regular

And if you think those are long term solutions I offered, you’d be wrong. Believe it or not, if a homeless person has a long history of malingering, a hospital social worker can and will say to them “I’m sorry you feel this way, I hope you stay safe, on your way now”, and kick them out of a hospital they’ve visited 3 times in the last few months, even if they are promising to off themselves. It depends on how much of a drain on services they have been. It’s essentially calling their bluff

If I had to do something it would probably be the first one I suggested, depending on the area. Your ideas aren’t bad. Hope that works out as night falls. My first idea I would end up at a shelter and food bank
Old 05-28-2021, 12:44 AM
Planar Protector

I could probably get a job and an apartment within a week in any town in the usa. But i am wicked smat
Old 05-28-2021, 12:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalflingSpergand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I could probably get a job and an apartment within a week in any town in the usa. But i am wicked smat
This depends. If you were just missing your ID you could just walk into a bank, give them your social, atm pin, and personal info, and get a temporary debit card made. Then this whole experiment essentially ends

I was assuming the premise was: you’ve never had an ID, or phone, etc. Harder to get a job without those, but not impossible
Old 05-28-2021, 12:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

evil post
Old 05-28-2021, 12:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This depends. If you were just missing your ID you could just walk into a bank, give them your social, atm pin, and personal info, and get a temporary debit card made. Then this whole experiment essentially ends

I was assuming the premise was: you’ve never had an ID, or phone, etc. Harder to get a job without those, but not impossible
I could get a labor job and a room off Craig in a few hours i gaurantee it. No chance involved
Old 05-28-2021, 12:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalflingSpergand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I could get a labor job and a room off Craig in a few hours i gaurantee it. No chance involved
And how would you get on CL with no internet? You know the very limited free library computers are being used by homeless people just about 100% of the time right?
Old 05-28-2021, 01:00 AM
Planar Protector

I'd kick a hobo off the computer for a few minutes

Other option, stand in front of a busy Starbucks at 4 am and talk someone with a work truck onto taking me to work for labor. Then after i kicked ass all day id ask for a place to crash or borrow their phone to find a room on craigslist
Closed Thread