Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2021, 04:29 PM
Kobold

Default Charm mechanic changes next patch?

Hello everyone!

I have heard rumors of charm mechanics for chanters will be changed next patch. I have searched around and cannot find anything about this. Maybe I fail at my search skills.

Here is what I have heard. CHA will only be checked on the first initial charm. All checks after the mob is charmed will be MR of the mob only. No CHA will come into play AFTER the mob is charmed.

Now this is hearsay and I have no clue if this is true. Does anyone have any links or info on this?

If this is the case will this be a nerf? Will the days of stacking CHA be over? Will enchanters be required to carry a full set of -MR gear? Are the glory days of enchanters over?

Any thoughts?
Old 11-09-2021, 04:33 PM
Aviak

It was my understanding that this is how things have always worked?
Old 11-09-2021, 05:08 PM
Banned

enchanters already do all that it won't be a huge nerf it may make it a little more risky to solo in the planes and stuff or any mob that has an actual mr buff to itself (very few)

u will probably still be able to solo frenzy, magus, lord
Old 11-09-2021, 05:09 PM
Orc

I thought that CHA has an effect on initial charming only, and the mob's MR has an effect has an effect to possibly resist the initial charm only, and for each tick after the charm lands there is a random chance of charm breaking, independent of the enchanter's CHA or the mob's MR. I have played chanters with maxed out CHA, and I always found that it helps charm land, but how long it lasts varies from 6 sec to several minutes. That variation was the same if my CHA was 80 or 255. The advantage of the 255 was how easy it was to recharm quickly after a charm break. But believe me, it doesn't turn your charm into dire charm.
Old 11-09-2021, 06:20 PM
Orc

This is all my own opinion and not based on anything other than my speculation.

If it functions as they say it will, (don't have the link on hand) it will allegedly function the same as necromancer and druid charm, which are not reliant on charisma at all. If anything I see this as a buff to enchanters as druid and necro charms are quite reliable, especially with tash. You would essentially be able to dip below cha cap and have no penalty with a charmed pet (i.e swapping out a zlandi heart for regen or stacking more HP gear).

A solo enchanter would still want max CHA at level 60 for calming and such; personally I wouldn't change much about gear with this "change".

tl;dr I don't think it will change much, if anything it will buff enchanters.
Old 11-09-2021, 07:11 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by widowblade [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is all my own opinion and not based on anything other than my speculation.

If it functions as they say it will, (don't have the link on hand) it will allegedly function the same as necromancer and druid charm, which are not reliant on charisma at all. If anything I see this as a buff to enchanters as druid and necro charms are quite reliable, especially with tash. You would essentially be able to dip below cha cap and have no penalty with a charmed pet (i.e swapping out a zlandi heart for regen or stacking more HP gear).

A solo enchanter would still want max CHA at level 60 for calming and such; personally I wouldn't change much about gear with this "change".

tl;dr I don't think it will change much, if anything it will buff enchanters.
Hmmmm. My main is a 60 druid and I do quite a bit of charming in SG, Kedge and now learning PoM. If this will change chanter charm to work the same as druid and necro then thats not too bad at all. With druid tash on low level 50ish mobs my charms stick pretty well. My chanter is only level 53 but I feel like my druid charms while leveling my druid were more reliable than my chanter who has max CHA. Enchanters are also able to give pets -MR gear so that helps even more.

Im curious to see if this is a small nerf or small buff or maybe not change much at all. Thanks for the feed back. I really wish I had a link on where or who this info came from.
Old 11-09-2021, 07:17 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeeter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hmmmm. My main is a 60 druid and I do quite a bit of charming in SG, Kedge and now learning PoM. If this will change chanter charm to work the same as druid and necro then thats not too bad at all. With druid tash on low level 50ish mobs my charms stick pretty well. My chanter is only level 53 but I feel like my druid charms while leveling my druid were more reliable than my chanter who has max CHA. Enchanters are also able to give pets -MR gear so that helps even more.

Im curious to see if this is a small nerf or small buff or maybe not change much at all. Thanks for the feed back. I really wish I had a link on where or who this info came from.
Found it. This was what was linked to me: http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/sho...d.php?p=266999
Old 11-09-2021, 07:18 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by realsubtle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was my understanding that this is how things have always worked?
For druid and necro(I guess even shaman) charms yes this is how it works. For chanter charms from what I understand it takes CHA into account and the MR of the mob into account. So the higher the CHA the less chance to get a break. Now I could be totally wrong on this. Its how it was explained to me.
Old 11-09-2021, 07:22 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by widowblade [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Found it. This was what was linked to me: http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/sho...d.php?p=266999
Very nice!! A lot to digest there. Thanks for the awesome find!
Old 11-09-2021, 07:25 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeeter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Very nice!! A lot to digest there. Thanks for the awesome find!
No problem [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Happy to help