Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2021, 12:34 AM
Kobold

Thumbs down There's something unnatural about this emulated EC Tunnel

Back in the day players used to hunt and then go to the tunnel to buy/sell and while waiting around they would duel and chat in /ooc. I don't see any of that in this tunnel. I see bots that don't move for days with ripoff prices. It's really no different than the bazaar on live. Nowadays SIM cards and scripts are widely available but they weren't back in 1999.

I noticed it right away that something was missing and it's real players doing real things.
Old 12-15-2021, 12:49 AM
Planar Protector

yeah p99 EC tunnel has always been weird

the Bazaar is an infinitely better trading market system

what schmuck really has the time to sit all day pressing the same key trying to sell shit nobody wants?

the type of schmuck who will reply, saying, "but muh interactions with players because i dont have friends IRL"
Old 12-15-2021, 01:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yeah p99 EC tunnel has always been weird

the Bazaar is an infinitely better trading market system

what schmuck really has the time to sit all day pressing the same key trying to sell shit nobody wants?

the type of schmuck who will reply, saying, "but muh interactions with players because i dont have friends IRL"
Just came by to undercut Trexller by 1pp
Old 12-15-2021, 01:33 AM
Planar Protector

The servers are close to 13 years old, the nostalgia has run its course for most of us, and the devs have no interest in making an actual fun custom version of EQ. P99 has been in death throes for a while (since we reached the end of the timeline). It only survived this long because there was always an expansion or "new" patch looming, but we are a couple of years deep into dead content now.

Best to move on friend.
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 12-15-2021, 02:08 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The servers are close to 13 years old, the nostalgia has run its course for most of us, and the devs have no interest in making an actual fun custom version of EQ. P99 has been in death throes for a while (since we reached the end of the timeline). It only survived this long because there was always an expansion or "new" patch looming, but we are a couple of years deep into dead content now.

Best to move on friend.
What? What we want is an actual classic server. Blue was...not. Green was...not and in many ways even more ridiculius than blue at launch.

There can be very little nostaliga had without a dev that cares to make some shit properly classic, fix all the missing classic mechanics, resists, aggro, npc difficulty.
Old 12-15-2021, 05:33 AM
Planar Protector

People claim to want classic but then throw their toys out of the pram when something classic gets put in or additional UI things get removed.
Old 12-15-2021, 08:23 AM
Planar Protector

Americans won't understand pram. I think what you mean is a napswaddler.
Old 12-15-2021, 09:05 AM
Banned

Ppl are just actual programmable bots these days. New games are highly designed to take advantage of this.

You're just seeing all of this conditioning re-express itself online.

I danced around blues EC tunnel. Waving. Emoting. Ducking. Saying hi. Buffing slow moving PCs with berserker strength. And I felt like I was at Walmart. Not in EQ.

Ppl are mad.
Ppl are dead. Inside.
They're fixated on pixels.
The adventure and playfulness has gone out of their hearts.

And it has absolutely nothing to do with the game itself.
Old 12-15-2021, 10:47 AM
Aviak

Idk its fine. Ive seen plenty of silly antics go on in EC. Not sure what the expectation is here. Are people simply greedy for antics???
Old 12-15-2021, 11:02 AM
Sarnak

I go through my backlog of games whenever EC tunneling
Plus since you can have one character logged on per server I have no doubt in my mind people are trying to sell something on blue to nobody meanwhile being around people on green
Closed Thread