Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: P99 Luclin/PoP server?
Yes, transition Blue with its characters out of stagnation 8 47.06%
Maybe, but a separate server so I don't have to play it 2 11.76%
No, I don't even want to think about it 7 41.18%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2022, 08:16 PM
Kobold

Default Post-Velious P99? Luclin/PoP with no multiboxing and competent staff...

It's been years since the release of Velious on Blue, and Green will soon be faced with the same prospect of bloat and mudflation. There is massive interest in reliving Luclin/PoP content on a server that isn't a rampant multiboxing macro pit like TAKP, and TLPs are not good enough for people looking for a real recreation. The Titanium client includes files up to like six expansions after PoP so people won't have to reinstall anyway.

If players don't want to be forced into Luclin, post-Velious could be on another server (brown or cyan or beige.. in line with the single-syllable color theme) as Teal proved splitting and cloning characters across is possible. Another issue I first thought of is SOE/Verant/Daybreak or whatever they're called now could have included P99 limiting itself to Velious in their agreement, but considering Mangler ran alongside Green, I'd say they don't see P99's true classic as competition.

Finally you could say it would be a bit weird for a server that marketed itself for a decade with the atmosphere of the pre-graphical rework, pre-AA, pre-furry race and pre-Bazaar EverQuest to move into that territory, but trust me, over years and years of saturation that will change. The ridiculous will become improbable, the improbable will be come unlikely, and the unlikely will become an interesting proposition to break from the norm. A potential Project2002 would come from the same revolutionary desire that birthed Project1999, and the P99 wiki will expand to include more and more pages. The pioneers that once charted the first wiki articles, all the Velious spells and quests and zone information will do the same, and if they won't, the next generation will take up the mantle. EVEN IF it ends up having like 50 people on at most, the continued existence of Red would justify it.

I think a Planes of Power-era EQEMU server with Titanium client QoL (mousewheel camera, strafing, bag button) and no multiboxing would be fucking insane, and the P99 staff and community are the only ones I trust to do it properly.

23 y/o forever DM and old school fantasy nerd - Discord: midoo
Odym Drekk
- 54 BAR SHM (main) || Midoo - 52 BAR WAR (alt)

Old 01-08-2022, 09:03 PM
Planar Protector

You know, I never thought about this. It's also never been recommended before. I hope your fresh idea inspires the Devs, who have also probably never have heard of such offers and are probably open to such an idea.
Old 01-08-2022, 09:24 PM
Planar Protector

The first custom content I'd like to see is level 60s can fight vox and naggy
Old 01-08-2022, 09:26 PM
Planar Protector

That's a lot of words for something that will never happen. It's the total opposition of what the project is even about. I hear TAKP is in luclin now and PoP soon? maybe scope that out.

Edit: just saw your bit about mouse wheel so maybe takp isn't a good suggestion for ya.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 01-08-2022, 09:37 PM
Kobold

I do find it humorous when p99 users thumb their nose at 'not classic enough' servers while insisting on mousewheel and other titanium advantages. I thumb my nose at your client, dudes. Try hitting F9.

And a server using 'project 2002' as a name was already done and it was bad
Old 01-08-2022, 10:07 PM
Sarnak

I do not want to imagine the level of autism behind key bottlenecks
Old 01-09-2022, 09:10 AM
Banned

voted yes for blue cuz fuck the beta server why do they get any glory at all. Those characters are not real.
Old 01-09-2022, 10:07 AM
Banned

"Cyan" is two syllables. You're banned.
Old 01-10-2022, 09:18 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
voted yes for blue cuz fuck the beta server why do they get any glory at all. Those characters are not real.
Blue has roughly the same population as Green. Every time I log in I see the numbers and they are very close if not exactly the same. I don't see what you're driving at here
Old 01-10-2022, 09:52 AM
Banned

they are not real
Closed Thread