Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2018, 10:52 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicAdventure [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
p99 a bit more crowded then any live servers I played on. Id put live at 500-1200 online max durring the hey day of eq, maybe most highest pop servers with a que were higher
That doesn't feel right because I remember random nights there'd always be dozens of people in sebillis. This is all "feel". It's possible that it's all concentrated in EC and such because of the age of the server.

I wish there were a verifiable way to determine what the in era population was. I've been unable to find.
Old 02-08-2018, 11:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicAdventure [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
p99 a bit more crowded then any live servers I played on. Id put live at 500-1200 online max durring the hey day of eq, maybe most highest pop servers with a que were higher
pop on live servers (at least on bertox) was much higher than it is here. Like others have said though, years of kunark farming and years of knowledge farming have made content here trivial. People only want the efficient xp/loot spots and they want to do it with efficient groups (think enc/cleric duo instead of full group.) The ideal spots will be "taken," but instead of "taken" on live where one group might camp two or three static spawns in a dungeon, two or three people might claim an entire half a zone, or at least try to.

South Karana was a zone I vividly remember camping on live in kunark era pre velious. Usually 75-100 people in that zone, you'd have to find a specific tower or something with a group to claim at aviaks. Don't think I've seen a single group camping the roof on p99, which was considered one of the better camps back in the day.

1-50 there are plenty of places to go xping that you can pull to your hearts content here, just be ready to pull people along cause 90% of lfg people will be in about 4 zones.
Old 02-09-2018, 04:23 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caiu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Swarm kiting does not exist here due to GM negligence.

We have PBAoE kiting with an artificial limit of 25 mobs. As in max 25 mobs can be affected by a PBAoE song/spell. This limit was placed upon the server to limit douchebaggery so go forth and sing if that's your thing. Bards are still extremely versatile in all the other aspects of which you might be familiar with.
I did not know this...so that means chardok aoe is gone as well? Can I actually group/solo in that zone now?
Old 02-12-2018, 10:06 AM
Aviak

You certainly can and the experience isn't bad as well. I recommend bringing your own group though, since the zone is usually quite empty.
Old 02-23-2018, 09:38 AM
Decaying Skeleton

on Morrell Thule we had several thousand. 3-4k was average server pop.
Closed Thread