Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2020, 10:55 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes and no.

Lo-and-behold I overpredicted everyone else, but underpredicted the actual numbers - and that for an item that never leaves game.

I think we can see now, if The Manastone had no afk checks it'd be 150+
CORRECT
Old 08-04-2020, 11:11 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cawin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We didn't create the rules. It's a player agreement based on the foundation on the Server Camp rules.
The server rules don't burden people to maintain a list of 150+ people, 25% or more of which are plat farmers, lest they suffer the wrath of possible GM intervention and/or hordes of angry people who expected to go to sleep and wake up to the Jboots fairy because they couldn't be bothered to go about it the same way we all do at every other camp.
Old 08-04-2020, 11:20 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSurgeon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is clear to any sane person the easiest way to go about getting Jboots is to farm the plat instead. Which makes you wonder, if it's easier to farm the plat, then why farm the AC for a MQ? ... Some elf shenanigans are going on somewheres abouts that make farming this hell hole profitable for a select number of people.
DING DING DING - We HAVE a winner folks. Once you have a situation where farming the plat becomes less time-consuming than the actual camp for EVERYONE (not just the ez-farm pet classes), it's obvious that the mechanism creating this log-jam is benefiting a select few... which is why out of the HUNDREDS of people who populate this list every day, there's not even a handful of people on this 9 page thread defending it.
Old 08-04-2020, 12:05 PM
Large Rat

You all are gonna get AC camp /listed because you can't play nice.
Old 08-04-2020, 12:07 PM
Banned

My name kept disappearing from the list months ago. I said fuck it, made a Shaman and have about 60 SoW potions in the bank and honestly, 6K for a MQ is pretty cheap. Had someone even offer it to me for a tink bag. Would rather spend a night camping guards and buy the MQ even if the list was better managed. Have had a lot of friends do 12+ hours after waiting days and still not get the ring. I can farm 6K in less time than that without any stress.
Old 08-04-2020, 12:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by beh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can farm, I shouldn't have to do it. Jboots isn't a droppable high end raid item. If it were, you could make this argument.

"Your guild can't handle XYZ mobs so you'll never be able to get that item on your own, just farm plat and buy it!" -- Perfectly fine if we're talking about a Cloak of Flames. Not fuckin' jboots. Sorry.
I understand your point. But the reality on the ground is that this is a high-stress and unpredictable camp. I fully agree that you and I should be able to camp it without having to dox and murder people to advance. I think though that to have a passable experience in this game you need to identify bottlenecks to progress and work around them. I know it's not optimal to your character's story to not get the ring yourself. It sucks. Still...
Old 08-04-2020, 12:21 PM
Banned

TakeS a BiG SiP out of a 10 Dose SoW PoTioN
Old 08-04-2020, 12:21 PM
Aviak

High stress and unpredictable? It's a static 6 minute spawn. The stress is created by this excelquest garbage.
Old 08-04-2020, 12:53 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by beh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, it should be emphasized again that a large number of people on this list are regulars that add themselves back to the list immediately after getting their ring of the ancients.
Don't be so quick to judge! Some of us keep adding ourselves, because we keep getting removed at spot 70.
Old 08-04-2020, 12:57 PM
Kobold

Honestly, you just need bigger and better bullies to come by and do away with this farce of a list. The dumbest fucking thing I've ever seen come out of P99 camps.
Closed Thread