Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2021, 04:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink grapefruit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's so much a bard can do it sorta hurts my soul to see people associate the class mostly with AE kiting lol.
It's really the obvious ultimate class in the game.

Still I hesitate to try to play one thinking about all the required button pushings.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 09-29-2021, 04:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's really the obvious ultimate class in the game.

Still I hesitate to try to play one thinking about all the required button pushings.
The button pushing is a bit overrated. It's not nearly that bad with the macro's you can make these days.
Old 09-30-2021, 10:52 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivitron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Droga -- the hardest but my favorite; at first start on the bridge at the inner sanctum entrance. At 44 or so with good gear you can even solo the EoE.
Man. Kudos to you for soloing in Droga! You weren't kidding about hard.

That zone melted me twice in two seconds flat. First time I got an add and after getting my corpse, tried again with two knights and promptly ate two harm touches.

I also tried to kill a scorpikis scrounger this morning and ate a few HTs there too. Live fast and die often I suppose [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-30-2021, 04:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDAm0nk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Man. Kudos to you for soloing in Droga! You weren't kidding about hard.

That zone melted me twice in two seconds flat. First time I got an add and after getting my corpse, tried again with two knights and promptly ate two harm touches.

I also tried to kill a scorpikis scrounger this morning and ate a few HTs there too. Live fast and die often I suppose [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's the hardest of the options I mentioned for sure. I found there wasn't enough room by the zone in, and bards don't have a good way to reset so fighting down by the bridge means losing a fight is either death or clicking a leatherfoot raider cap. Even down there the first kills are cramped, and you have to deal with the variety of casters and some lull splitting. In Crystal Caverns you get a zone line and melee npcs, and in Solb you get a zone line.
Old 10-17-2021, 08:14 AM
Aviak

I hope it's okay to continue Bard talk here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivitron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's the hardest of the options I mentioned for sure. I found there wasn't enough room by the zone in, and bards don't have a good way to reset so fighting down by the bridge means losing a fight is either death or clicking a leatherfoot raider cap. Even down there the first kills are cramped, and you have to deal with the variety of casters and some lull splitting. In Crystal Caverns you get a zone line and melee npcs, and in Solb you get a zone line.
I did geonids in Crystal Caverns from 43-45. I had never spent any time in CC (only done the geonids in WL) and man - what a great camp!

8 evenly spaced spawns, perfect for charming. Really nice loot for the level too. I was able to afford a Walrus Skin Drum off this camp alone.

I did 46 and most of 47 at the giant fort in the Great Divide. I was a little worried the new charm was going to cause headaches but so far it hasn't been an issue. Getting a frost giant elite add could be a little draining, but not too bad overall. I was able to get the first two steps of my Coldain Shawl done and I killed enough giants to not be KOS in Skyshrine, which is a first for me.

Farmed the AC in OOT at 47 and got JBoots [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Another EQ first for me.

I managed to get my hands on SS gauntlets and I've done 47-51 at the Bloodgills in LoIO. Another fantastic camp and I've enjoyed how laid back it is.

It seems to be popular, especially with Druids and Wizards for quadding, but I haven't had an issue getting in during off hours. 50-51 took me about two hours of relaxed playtime. Pretty hard to beat!
Old 10-17-2021, 01:01 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDAm0nk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hope it's okay to continue Bard talk here?

I did geonids in Crystal Caverns from 43-45. I had never spent any time in CC (only done the geonids in WL) and man - what a great camp!

8 evenly spaced spawns, perfect for charming. Really nice loot for the level too. I was able to afford a Walrus Skin Drum off this camp alone.

I did 46 and most of 47 at the giant fort in the Great Divide. I was a little worried the new charm was going to cause headaches but so far it hasn't been an issue. Getting a frost giant elite add could be a little draining, but not too bad overall. I was able to get the first two steps of my Coldain Shawl done and I killed enough giants to not be KOS in Skyshrine, which is a first for me.

Farmed the AC in OOT at 47 and got JBoots [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Another EQ first for me.

I managed to get my hands on SS gauntlets and I've done 47-51 at the Bloodgills in LoIO. Another fantastic camp and I've enjoyed how laid back it is.

It seems to be popular, especially with Druids and Wizards for quadding, but I haven't had an issue getting in during off hours. 50-51 took me about two hours of relaxed playtime. Pretty hard to beat!
The Bloodgills sound like a nice spot.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallicker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
54-57
Two from above
Raptors, TD: 15 blues on a 12 min timer! Nice swarm and afk exp avg of 10% hr til 57. Pull by tagging single on big island behind cliff, selos song of travel to small island socialing everything loop around to big island again and grab rest! Pbaoe snare and twist your two dots! Speed things up by target cycling through the viscious also hitting them with chant of flame for 33% of dmg to each.(Pro tip if Dinus spawns charm him and throw him at your social pack they will eat him down to 15-30% hp)
So far I have mostly grouped 46+, but would second this camp when you want to be near the fire pots. With jboots I triple dot instead of snaring. Downsides are no loot and cr is a pain if you don't have a pot bound cleric friend available.
Closed Thread