Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2021, 04:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Speaking as a 200k twink monk, I solo'd just fine 1-55 thanks.
And you did it slower than a duo would have, with fewer camp opportunities.
Old 08-17-2021, 06:12 PM
Fire Giant

1-51 that's not true, but 51+ you may be right. Honestly though, 51+ you're probably just in the Hole, where the duoable spots are limited and a decent duo partner can be hard to come by. Might as well solo while waiting.
Old 08-17-2021, 07:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I stand by my soloing path advice twinked or not. It overlaps with the guide mainly, but adds a couple places (namely, Cazic Thule and the Hole).
Have you any more specific advice for soloing in CT/Hole? Like camps, how to get to camp, the best ways go break in, where to afk, etc?
Old 08-17-2021, 09:18 PM
Planar Protector

Iksar Monk Guide -- Step 1: Roll Iksar Monk. Step 2: Hit things with Iksar Monk. Step 3: Don't die. Step 4: Win because you're already playing cheat mode.
Old 08-17-2021, 09:18 PM
Fire Giant

Bah, stop making me be constructive!

For CT, after the gator-alley start to green out, move to the sewers. There's like infinite mobs down there, including some gators that stay blue through 45. Pro-tip: bring an EB item for the gator hotel. The rest of the zone is fine as well, that is until other players show up and start taking mobs. Thankfully, virtually no one goes into the sewers. I usually do CT from 25-46 which is soul crushing, but quite fast.

I've done Sol A a ton as well, but the damage shields, clerics and lava traps are enough of a menace to for me to swear it off. If you do go that route, I'd suggest bringing a bag full of crystalized pumice to smooth over damage shields on everything (Bonus: Crystalized Pumice are also great for pulling).

For the hole, the entrance and the drop down area near CE are good, but green out around 55. At that point, move up into the castle near the balcony. You will have to learn where to pull the mobs to avoid wall casting, but the exp is better than most groups if you're geared enough, and you don't have to chain pull until nauseous.
Closed Thread