Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2021, 10:35 AM
Aviak

Default SK Treants as 29 Ench

I have heard of enchanters doing the treant camp is SK at level 29. Anyone who has done this with some advice on the best approach? I could go charm a decent pet, but wondering if it's possible to do just with my animation. Thanks!
Old 09-15-2021, 11:27 AM
Aviak

I suppose I could maybe charm one against the other, though seems dangerous with 2 druid mobs.
Old 09-15-2021, 12:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthazar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have heard of enchanters doing the treant camp is SK at level 29. Anyone who has done this with some advice on the best approach? I could go charm a decent pet, but wondering if it's possible to do just with my animation. Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthazar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I suppose I could maybe charm one against the other, though seems dangerous with 2 druid mobs.
I haven't done Treants that often, or on an Enchanter, so take this with a grain of salt. My assumption would be charming mobs is the way to go. Animations are better than people give them credit for, but they aren't amazing, especially at lower levels. Looking at their stats, Animations are basically slightly better Shaman pets that can dual wield. The obvious downside is you can't control them. Based on my experience with Shaman pets, you probably could lull one Treant, slow the second Treant, and have your pet beat it down. But that would probably be slower than using a Charmed pet.

According to the Wiki Treants are 23-27, so you should be OK to try charming one to fight the other. I think the two issues you will run into are:
1. Random DPS loss due to how often your pet is casting spells.
2. Charm break issues if the pet you charm happens to be level 27, as that is only 2 levels below you.

You may want to try seeing if you can reliably charm a level 25 or 26 warrior mob that spawns nearby. No idea if there is something like that around the treants, but that would be my suggestion.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 09-15-2021 at 01:01 PM..
Old 09-15-2021, 01:32 PM
Banned

Better root a lot

If charm breaks, your a little screwed

back on blue, I brought my enchanter to mistmoore and did the graveyard with a

cleric I found

you can do that spot for 25-35 ish?

Some good areas include the gnolls outside splitpaw, CT gators, unrest fireplace (duo with

druid in unrest...getting wolf form allows you to be neutral to all mobs, harmony and solo

pull everything)

You might need to be low 30s for some of these camps but I highly recommend trying out

graveyard in mistmoore if you have a druid or cleric body to help (recommend a druid

since its an outdoor zone)
Old 09-15-2021, 02:28 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You may want to try seeing if you can reliably charm a level 25 or 26 warrior mob that spawns nearby. No idea if there is something like that around the treants, but that would be my suggestion.
Appreciate the feedback. I think I'll look for a centaur warrior pet around this level nearby and see how that goes compared to charming one treant against the other.
Old 09-15-2021, 02:31 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some good areas include the gnolls outside splitpaw, CT gators, unrest fireplace (duo with druid in unrest...getting wolf form allows you to be neutral to all mobs, harmony and solo
Appreciate this. I am thinking I'll be doing a lot of soloing in SK between the treants (great cash camp), KFC, and gnolls (scroll quest seems like a nice bonus) in zone. There are a lot of options in SK around my level.
Old 09-18-2021, 12:45 PM
Aviak

I charmed treats at lvl 29-34. Just tash, charm, and nuke the other one at 40%. Helps to keep nuke in first cast slot and use gdc refresh item. Then just break and nuke the other.

They don't have a lot of hps so burning them down quick is key. With clarity you have enough time to med between respawns Keep rune up along with shild and you should do great.
Old 09-20-2021, 01:08 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobjenson [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I charmed treats at lvl 29-34. Just tash, charm, and nuke the other one at 40%. Helps to keep nuke in first cast slot and use gdc refresh item. Then just break and nuke the other.

They don't have a lot of hps so burning them down quick is key. With clarity you have enough time to med between respawns Keep rune up along with shild and you should do great.
Perfect, I will give this a shot!
Old 09-20-2021, 02:19 PM
Sarnak

One thing I didn't understand when I was that level and would like to try to take advantage of if I do it again is that mez usually (almost always?) memblurs mobs of that level. You might save yourself the half xp penalty (either with charm or the summoned pet) by hitting one mez then immediately nuking when the mob is low.

Quote:
Appreciate this. I am thinking I'll be doing a lot of soloing in SK between the treants (great cash camp), KFC, and gnolls (scroll quest seems like a nice bonus) in zone. There are a lot of options in SK around my level.
IIRC 29 is still too low to solo entrance to the first door in splitpaw, but I soloed that a few times on my bard and the xp seemed solid. Ignore the fact that the first pair are likely starting to green when the rest are comfortable blues -- the xp mod more than makes up for it. When I leveled my enchanter Paw was probably the top zone to find a low-mid 30s pick up group, but by the time I brought my bard through it was sometimes empty.
Old 10-09-2021, 11:38 PM
Sarnak

Chanter are better off sticking to guards, Treants are not a good enchanter camp. They are pretty magic resistant.
Closed Thread