Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2021, 06:40 PM
Planar Protector

Beetles in NK are probably the best for beginners to try swarming out on. They're slow, social aggro, and can be AE dotted from a safe distance. You can pull them over to the side of the wizard spires closer towards WK for a flat surface with no pathers. Use the cluster of trees as a guide for the circle you'll be maintaining. The number of princers, borers, and scythes seems to vary by a lot from respawn to respawn though. Sometimes that means having to kill a mass of green con piincers and only a few blues. Orc highway is better overall, but then there can be quite a few casters among them, not to mention dunes that make it difficult to see pathers and ghouls that root.
Old 09-24-2021, 12:01 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's not all that bad. I have my 1-8 hotkeys as the 1-8 songs memmed. You have to click and drag from your socials tab #7 and #8. Then i drag over sit and a macro that is just /stopsong

Overall takes like 5 seconds on zone, and only when in the zone you are going to be leveling.
What keys do you use for swapping hot bar pages?

I have multiple hot bars that I use but switching around between my primary and secondary slots hot keyed (versus DuxaUI) and a bag, as well as pet attack, back off, and stuff like loc, assist etc between every song seemed like more hassle than it was worth.

I'm open minded. Might be worth re-thinking. I use the original client (I think?) keys of shift+1,2,3 etc and shift+right click makes the client bug out occasionally which isn't pleasant when kiting [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-24-2021, 11:38 AM
Fire Giant

I also use the Shift+1, Shift+2 etc.

I don't swarm but when I tried I created a fresh hotbar setup with enough hotkeys for the 4 or so songs i would be using plus the slots open for weapon/instrument swaps. Was kind of my swarming hotbar
Old 09-24-2021, 01:54 PM
Banned

tried out swarming in EK a bit

and wow my hand hurts and I died a few times >_>
Old 09-27-2021, 11:01 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
tried out swarming in EK a bit

and wow my hand hurts and I died a few times >_>
One of us! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I've been having a silly amount of fun with my Bard.

Did 30-35 grouping in and outside of Paw. Managed to spawn a Quillmane solo (well, with the help of a very kind Necro who macro'd and told me when he was up) at 35 and got a Peggy Cloak on the first kill.

That's an Everquest first for me and an item I've always wanted - so I was/am super excited about that.

I also got my DE Illusion mask the day before, so after 35 went back to Kunark and got my OT Hammer. I did 35-40 at the giant fort in Frontier Mountains. I wanted to enjoy the last of my mana-free charm and I think that is a perfect spot for it. Great XP - more spawns than you can deal with, zone is almost always completely empty, and the loot isn't half bad with gems and a few drops that vendor for ~50pp.

I'll probably bounce between swarming in FV and charming/grouping in CoM until I am able to do Bloodgills in LoIO.
Old 09-27-2021, 06:02 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDAm0nk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One of us! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I've been having a silly amount of fun with my Bard.

Did 30-35 grouping in and outside of Paw. Managed to spawn a Quillmane solo (well, with the help of a very kind Necro who macro'd and told me when he was up) at 35 and got a Peggy Cloak on the first kill.

That's an Everquest first for me and an item I've always wanted - so I was/am super excited about that.

I also got my DE Illusion mask the day before, so after 35 went back to Kunark and got my OT Hammer. I did 35-40 at the giant fort in Frontier Mountains. I wanted to enjoy the last of my mana-free charm and I think that is a perfect spot for it. Great XP - more spawns than you can deal with, zone is almost always completely empty, and the loot isn't half bad with gems and a few drops that vendor for ~50pp.

I'll probably bounce between swarming in FV and charming/grouping in CoM until I am able to do Bloodgills in LoIO.
I really loved solo charming on my bard 40 through 45. There are some camps with a level range of 33-37 mobs -- those are no-mana charms and blue through 45. Crystal caverns geonids, start at the zone out. Sol b greater kobolds; start at the sola zone line labelled C. Droga -- the hardest but my favorite; at first start on the bridge at the inner sanctum entrance. At 44 or so with good gear you can even solo the EoE.
Old 09-28-2021, 04:04 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivitron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I really loved solo charming on my bard 40 through 45. There are some camps with a level range of 33-37 mobs -- those are no-mana charms and blue through 45. Crystal caverns geonids, start at the zone out. Sol b greater kobolds; start at the sola zone line labelled C. Droga -- the hardest but my favorite; at first start on the bridge at the inner sanctum entrance. At 44 or so with good gear you can even solo the EoE.
Thank you for these stellar recommendations! All zones I haven't spent much time in, so I'll be sure to check them out.

It took me about six hours but I managed to farm a Bracer of the Hidden with my Bard. Getting prepared for Velks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Still lots to see and do. Definitely working towards my Nostrolo Tambourine and I'd also like to quest the Ice Forged Shackles.
Old 09-28-2021, 05:23 PM
Planar Protector

Smile

AE kiting (and real swarm kiting utilizing charm) is fun, but don't forget to practice the skills that actually make bards the OP class they are. I think targeting is harder on green so you'll need to get good with fewer tools. Weapon/instrument swapping, having a complete understanding of each song and when to use it, knowing when to lull/charm/mez, etc. Bluebies don't often think of resists outside of raids, but when up against caster NPCs bards can stack resists high af... or try to interrupt with Brusco's/mez.

You should be able to keep 2-3 NPCs locked down with mez and still manage a few weapon swings on the unmezzed target.

There's so much a bard can do it sorta hurts my soul to see people associate the class mostly with AE kiting lol.
Old 09-28-2021, 11:41 PM
Large Bat

Those videos on youtube did help me out. I had to use auto strafe with selos and was able to kite the hounds in East K no problem. Did die a few time but one I got it down it was easy.
Old 09-29-2021, 09:45 AM
Planar Protector

how to properly bard:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1155754690