Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Guild Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2018, 05:32 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default LFGuild

At the time of writing this, i'm a bit frustrated.. so please don't troll me.

Coming back to classic eq, where accountability meant something again was exciting!

Having been in a few guilds (i will not name names) I have come to realize that grouping in p99 is rare. Most are soloing or having a friend buff then and baby them through some levels. I am not talking about places like unrest or HHK, those are obvious group camps.

So I made a bard because I love what a bard can do for a group when played right.
Now at about level 35, the grouping is gone and everyone is soloing. I admit, learning to swarm is not what I look forward to. Main reason is, it's still soloing. If i wanted to solo, I could play any other MMO for that.

When gulids promote that they group together, please do not leave out the end of that sentance: "..with our core" or "..within our click"

So maybe someone could point me in the right direction.
I am looking for a guild that truly does group together often, for all ranges of levels.

Or am i doomed to roll a necro and learn to become anti social?
Old 02-16-2018, 05:48 PM
Planar Protector

Um, there are tons of starter guilds but you will have to make friends and or start the group yourself as a bard. They are shit dps and unless twinked hard to be the CC Utility of the group.

Dont beat yourself up Ive been playing my bard for 5 years and still not 60 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 02-16-2018, 06:28 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupakk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Um, there are tons of starter guilds but you will have to make friends and or start the group yourself as a bard. They are shit dps and unless twinked hard to be the CC Utility of the group.

Dont beat yourself up Ive been playing my bard for 5 years and still not 60 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so, necro it is.
Old 02-16-2018, 06:54 PM
Sarnak

You will never find a group as a necro. Groups despise them even though they add a lot to a group when played correctly.
Old 02-16-2018, 07:49 PM
Kobold

Real talk. Find yourself a very small guild that plays at the same time you do. Keep to a schedule and enjoy. Really the best way to do it.
Old 02-17-2018, 11:29 AM
Sarnak

Bards in groups are way more than CC these days. If you get into pulling (and do it well) people will send you tells for groups. You're in good range for Mistmoore at 35 too. Good place to get into the groove.
Old 02-17-2018, 01:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiouxNation [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is the biggest thing I hear new folks complaining about, lack of groups. You need to be proactive and form and lead groups. People are way more open to unorthodox groups at lower levels. Bard can enhance almost any class in a duo scenario. Be creative and learn to pull and your life as a grouping bard will be quite rewarding.

I hesitate to even say this but the King camp in Seb is the only camp where a bard isn’t super desiresble.
Bard in King is OP. I rekt bitches down there all day.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 02-17-2018, 01:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiouxNation [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hesitate to even say this but the King camp in Seb is the only camp where a bard isn’t super desiresble.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupakk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bard in King is OP. I rekt bitches down there all day.
This. I've been in lots of King groups and bards make great 6ths (after warrior, shaman, cleric, monk, rogue). Pretty sure I've even seen them pull there on rare occasions.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 02-18-2018, 01:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
You’re being ignorant if you are going to pretend being a bard is a desirable class for King camp.
Get on my level of bardness and everyone wants you. I get 100 tells a day asking for me to come group with them in seb.

Git Gud.

Old 02-19-2018, 03:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivera [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
bards are awesome in general, and a fine class for king

tupakk is a horrible bard though i have no clue wtf he is going on about
Next time u wanna king grp let me know. I’ll show you how it’s done.

Closed Thread